No announcement yet.

Can’t Eat Whitetail Anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you share your process and technique to do this properly?

Originally posted by Edward F View Post
    I dry age all my beef and all my game. I have a full operation set up here and I’ll
    take dry aged axis over whitetail any day. If y’all want any tips or questions I’m here to help.

[ATTACH]1067006[/ATTACH]

Last rib roast I dry aged.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
      If you aren’t dry aging all your venison then you haven’t truly had good venison.
      what's the best method for this ^^^^^^^^

Comment

My wife & I can sure tell the difference in taste between WT & Axis and we don’t chicken fry good meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

For those wanting any insight on dry aging. Umai Dry Age is the best most foolproof process to do it at home without any fuss. All you need is the bag from them and a vacuum sealer and a fridge.

I dry age beef every one in a while when I have space in the fridge. It has worked flawlessly for me. You can do as much as you have bags. Though I usually just do one whole rib roast or strip loin at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
            I concur!
            Third! Pronghorn is one of my favorite meats ever just takes a little time and care!

Comment

I like axis, but to think I couldn’t eat whitetail again because of it is ludicrous…
              I will take most any game over chicken, but I am not going to quit eating chicken…

Comment

Black panther back straps over white tail all day long, but that’s just me.

Comment

from india with love

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
                    Can you share your process and technique to do this properly?
                    Look into Umai bags.

Comment

I have WT, Axis and Red deer on my place. Grew up eating WT in FL, the Axis does taste a little better but to me not that much.

I like the Red deer, either sex, over both of the others but still regularly eat all three. I tend to think Axis is a little over hyped.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
                        If you aren’t dry aging all your venison then you haven’t truly had good venison.
                        Not true.

Comment

Originally posted by JT. Jim View Post
                          Truth is 99.9% of hunters can’t taste the difference between wt and axis and even a higher percentage can’t after it’s chicken fried lol
                          Very true.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            I love whitetail. But I'll give it away to make room in the freezer for an axis.
                            Same here. In my perfect world, I would prefer to make sausage or burger from all my venison and eat axis and elk steaks
                            Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by Edward F View Post
                              Look into Umai bags.

Which bags would be best for tenderloin or blackstrap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JonW View Post
                                Which bags would be best for tenderloin or blackstrap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I always buy the sampler pack

Comment

Working...
                                X