Road side bucks with heads cut off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
    I hear Game Wardens are doing it? Not sure of reasons.
    I have seen the wardens on the road cutting them off. I’d bet it is to send off for wasting tests. After they do they are putting orange ribbon on them so they don’t keep stopping at the same deer?

Comment

Same thread every year. Other posters are correct. It's GW's testing for CWD.... for the most part anyway, as I'm sure there are those who will stop n get horns from a big enuf buck. It's like crack for some folks!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great dog chews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm guessin selling them. There's a market for horns so probably. Normally I just see road killed deer disappear completely. And it ain't coyotes eatin them. I've seen a fresh hit deer get picked up in less than 30 minutes.

Comment

I saw that earlier this month on the way from broken bow to Fort worth. Looked like a big bodied deer.

Comment

One would think a GW would dispose of the deer instead of taking just the head...IMO

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                I hear Game Wardens are doing it? Not sure of reasons.

Game Wardens do it for two reasons.

1. CWD testing

2, Keep people from doing it just to have the antlers.

Comment

Originally posted by KGreene View Post
                  I have seen the wardens on the road cutting them off. I’d bet it is to send off for wasting tests. After they do they are putting orange ribbon on them so they don’t keep stopping at the same deer?
                  Or if one pops up positive, it could have a number on the tag and can be traced back to where it came from.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                    Probably the folks selling the horns at petco for $10 an inch
                    I find 8-10 good sized sheds a year. Between my 2 dogs and my sister’s 2, i can’t keep up with demand for just my family. I guess it saves me $10 an inch…?

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    Game Wardens do it for two reasons.

1. CWD testing

2, Keep people from doing it just to have the antlers.
                    The CWD testing makes a lot of sense. Free test subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How long does it take to get the test back? You'd think if GWs were doing it on fresh kills, and the tests were neg., they could also be charged with wasting game meat by not taking the whole thing?

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                        How long does it take to get the test back? You'd think if GWs were doing it on fresh kills, and the tests were neg., they could also be charged with wasting game meat by not taking the whole thing?
                        They always now test deer on tpw draw hunts, they gave us the CWD test # at some of them others you have to ask, it was months before the test results were posted here https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wild.../test-results/ If they absolutely know its a fresh kill they will have it donated to hunters for the hungry or a local food bank, otherwise they aren't going to chance for spoiled meat, other states have roadkill carcass tags. It doesn't matter if test is CWD positive or negative the meat is still safe to eat.

Comment

I saw a guy just outside of Lampasas going to town on a buck hit by a car with a hacksaw in the middle of the day one time. I laughed my butt off as I was driving by. It was a little Ol 6pt if I remember right. I don’t get people sometimes.

Comment

I know its illegal but a 150+ and you wouldn't be tempted, come on..

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                              I know its illegal but a 150+ and you wouldn't be tempted, come on..

I’d be tempted to stop and get a good look at him, but I would never cut his head or horns off and take them with me.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

People could get the antlers for all sorts of things such as knife handles etc. nothing wrong with picking up a useful material. I doubt people would haul them around and act like they killed it. But then again, there’s some shallow people in the world

Comment

Working...
                                X