No announcement yet.

Somerville 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I saw pigs, doe, and a couple 1.5 yr old bucks yesterday. If anyone on here is missing a black eagle outlaw arrow let me know I found it. Still in good shape.

Checked cameras and only nighttime pics of good bucks and sporadic so....going to check out another area next time I get a chance to hunt. I lost an arrow myself, vines must have pulled from quiver so hoping I will find it next time I go through that spot. Overall a good day, better than being at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
      Well I saw pigs, doe, and a couple 1.5 yr old bucks yesterday. If anyone on here is missing a black eagle outlaw arrow let me know I found it. Still in good shape.

Checked cameras and only nighttime pics of good bucks and sporadic so....going to check out another area next time I get a chance to hunt. I lost an arrow myself, vines must have pulled from quiver so hoping I will find it next time I go through that spot. Overall a good day, better than being at work.

Not bad. I’m out here now. I’ve only seen a few does so far. It sure feels like the wind is stronger than the forecast predicted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
        Not bad. I’m out here now. I’ve only seen a few does so far. It sure feels like the wind is stronger than the forecast predicted.

Good luck

Comment

Good luck

Thanks! It was a beautiful day to be out in the woods but no luck this time. Does and pigs. Pigs didn’t ever make it close enough.

Comment

Decent looking buck. Looks like he’s been gut shot before.

Comment

That is awful....

Comment

That is awful....

Sure is. Looks like he’s healing up though. Maybe he’ll make it.

Comment

Decent looking buck. Looks like he’s been gut shot before.

I had pictures of this guy for a few years starting in 2016. Wish I knew what happened to him because he turned into a decent deer for that area.

Comment

Could it be the same deer? After so long still has wound like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Ballinonabudget View Post

I had pictures of this guy for a few years starting in 2016. Wish I knew what happened to him because he turned into a decent deer for that area.

Weird. I’ve seen a few with wounds this year. This summer I had a fawn coming by every day that looked like a blade went right across its nose, too if it’s head and base of the neck. Sliced all the way down to the meat. I’m thinking it was laying there when a shredder went right over it. There’s another young buck that has three long vertical wounds on both sides of its body. Literally looks like one of those gazelle on National Geographic when a lion jumps on its back and claws all the way up.

Comment

big cats js they are out there talk to biologists in that area

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
                          big cats js they are out there talk to biologists in that area

I’m sure they’re out there somewhere. I’d rather not find out in person. Lol

Don’t you just love it when you scout areas for months, place cameras them have others walk by the camera, figure out what direction it’s pointing then walk back and forth all over that spot to see what you’re scouting? I don’t know why it’s so difficult to just move along.

Comment

I’m sure they’re out there somewhere. I’d rather not find out in person. Lol

Don’t you just love it when you scout areas for months, place cameras them have others walk by the camera, figure out what direction it’s pointing then walk back and forth all over that spot to see what you’re scouting? I don’t know why it’s so difficult to just move along.

Which is why iv given up on that place man iv hunted there 12 yrs never had anyone mess with anything until this season camera stolen bow hangers bow ropes.... all my stand where stationed always have been and now it's become a crap show so Jan 1st all my stands will be gone and I'm walking away from what used to be amazing....iv met many of yall and tried to help some others but not doing it again

Comment

This is why I now hunt from a saddle. Pack it in pack it out. I have cameras, but they are usually where others aren't and those of us who do go there have a mutual respect for each other.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                                This is why I now hunt from a saddle. Pack it in pack it out. I have cameras, but they are usually where others aren't and those of us who do go there have a mutual respect for each other.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
                                No mutual respect anymore you'll learn who to trust who not to trust hunt there for 12 yrs and you'll find those who follow you... but I'm lucky enough to have a friend where I can hunt his property but I wish you all the best this season and someone please shot one!

Comment

Working...
                                X