X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
    They like dragging shrimp nets
    Speaking of fishing (yes, truly fishing), I was fortunate enough to go to Venice, LA for the first time weekend before last. Lots of fun. Seas were too rough for tuna, but we did manage cobia and wahoo, and, since I don't know any better, I was perfectly satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears View Post
      Speaking of fishing (yes, truly fishing), I was fortunate enough to go to Venice, LA for the first time weekend before last. Lots of fun. Seas were too rough for tuna, but we did manage cobia and wahoo, and, since I don't know any better, I was perfectly satisfied.

Heard the fishing behind the Dixie chicken was pretty good on a light rod [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Goodfellah View Post
        Good Lord I had China Star with a customer in Beaumont today. I’m still burping that **** up, probably bout to get worse.

Serious question, would LSU consider Art Briles? Only big schools that have the stomach to take him are LSU and the Mississippi schools. Ceiling could be a few years like LSU did in 19 or a floor like Chernobyl.

I honestly think he would kill it at LSU.
        Art is too toxic.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Hondo is Aggy, right? He is worse than RLB, Chase This and Full Metal Jacket Ag combined. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
          Hondo just wants attention….

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            Yep! I am afraid you are correct. He looks to be LSU bound. I was all for Aranda. But, it looks like Riley has been poached.
            I'm not convinced Aranda would go to LSU, anyways.

No, I'm not saying LSU is a lesser job. The problem is, it's a harder job. He can win 8-10 games per year at Baylor, make just as much money and have a statue at Baylor ($8 million is chump change for several lower level BMD's at Baylor and it wouldn't go much higher than that, if that high. Basically, the high rollers wouldn't even have to step in if they wanted to keep him). At LSU, that record wouldn't cut it.

And with OU gone, assuming OU can afford the conference exit fee, Baylor has a lot easier path to the playoffs.

USC is the concern with Aranda since he's from California. But there's enough BMD toxicity/entitlement culture at that school, that there's not a lot of concerns among Baylor alums from what I can see.

When you think USC, think UT arrogance and entitlement, but in California where you have to pay state income tax. Yes, there's opportunity in a weak PAC-12, but do you really want to put up with the arrogant BMD's for the same, or less after taxes and cost of living, money?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              Art is too toxic.
              If Art went through the Saban school of reformation, perhaps he could coach again. ESPN could "redeem" him just as quickly as they demonized him. But he's probably too old for that now. Sadly, ESPN has that kind of pull with a lot of folks. ESPN can be king (or queen) makers to their own benefit, and many don't say a word.

Comment

Riley’s agent in B R?

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                  Hondo just wants attention….
                  Nah, he was feelin "salty"! Bout as salty as a rice krispy fart...

Comment

Playoff should be 8 or 12.

With 12 teams the power 5 conf champs get automatic bid. Re-seed everyone based on rankings and 1-4 get a bye. This way conference championships still mean something, but prevents an 8-4 conf champ from getting a bye.

Comment

Originally posted by hondo View Post
                      I'm feeling salty tonight. Mess with Sips or Corn dogs?
                      Everyone watch out, Hondo's on the case. Dork.

Comment

Alright all you mambie pambies complaining about the pissin contest, let's here your much better topics and conversations today. Thread is dead.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ya I feel like 16 teams in the playoffs is a whole lot. 8 sounds good to me. That doubles it but doesn't make it totally seem like just giving access to everyone.

16 makes the regular season less meaningful, but there is so much bias in the rankings that it doesn't make sense.

This may be a touchy subject but the problem with college football these days is how much elite schools control it. There really isn't anything that can be done about it, and not that there needs to be, but some more variety in the playoffs would be great.
                          Last edited by FCoDxDart; 11-17-2021, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I like 8 or 16, but I dislike 12. The logic there is good, but personally, I hate a bye week in a playoff format. If your team is hot and steamrolling at the end of the season, a week off can kill you. Especially with young men. Get them out of their groove or they go out and party for a week, boom, season over.

I think they should expand it to 8. Roll with that for 5-10 years and then revisit expanding to 16. Who knows what conferences will look like by then. 16 may be a moot point at that time. I’d like to see the Cincinnati’s and UCF’s of the world get a chance. Either they surprise us or they get a mudhole stomped in them as we expect, but under the current format, they never get the opportunity to try.

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                              I like 8 or 16, but I dislike 12. The logic there is good, but personally, I hate a bye week in a playoff format. If your team is hot and steamrolling at the end of the season, a week off can kill you. Especially with young men. Get them out of their groove or they go out and party for a week, boom, season over.

I think they should expand it to 8. Roll with that for 5-10 years and then revisit expanding to 16. Who knows what conferences will look like by then. 16 may be a moot point at that time. I’d like to see the Cincinnati’s and UCF’s of the world get a chance. Either they surprise us or they get a mudhole stomped in them as we expect, but under the current format, they never get the opportunity to try.

All great points.

Comment

It will be 12

These two programs have truly found themselves wandering in the likes of Tennessee and Nebraska. But, it’s much more egregious considering the state of high school football within their State boundaries.

Does Mullen get kicked to the curb? Sark has a tough road ahead of him, but if they don’t give him time, it will simply be rinse and repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X