Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Pedestal....

Not hardly. I'm a simple guy and like simple things and good people.

I'm not that guy who sits on top of the eiffel tower of a flats boat talking to a guy who just caught a 100lb tarpon on a snoopy rod about his 68lb snook caught on a fly rod made of rhino horn with a tippet of angel wings and a fly of cleopatra s golden locks

Muddy carp regards

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Classic

Comment

You might want to check out the reviews on Tactical Bassin'. Granted, that sort of thing has cost me money I probably shouldn't have spent.

Seems like it depends on the application and your budget. That said, if my nephew gave me a new reel, I'd be more than happy regardless of the name on it. Perhaps you can find a gap in his arsenal? (i.e. maybe he's venturing into large swimbaits and needs a reel that meets that need, etc.)

For the record, I've used H2O Mettle's for years mainly due to budget constraints and a no questions asked return policy (though that may have changed). I'm not particular, to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
        Which model of Tatula or y'all using? Looks like there's a couple different models. Been thinking about trying Daiwa.
        This is the one I have and I absolutely love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          Pedestal....

Not hardly. I'm a simple guy and like simple things and good people.

I'm not that guy who sits on top of the eiffel tower of a flats boat talking to a guy who just caught a 100lb tarpon on a snoopy rod about his 68lb snook caught on a fly rod made of rhino horn with a tippet of angel wings and a fly of cleopatra s golden locks

Muddy carp regards

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
          Beautiful write up, almost have a tear in my eye

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
            My personal favorite is my Daiwa Tatula
            This. I have two and love them!!!

Comment

I'm a Lew's guy, personally, but Shimanos definitely don't suck.

Comment

The high end Daiwa and Shimano reels are what I'd be looking at if money was no object. I am a Lew's fan, own a bunch and use them all the time but even the upper end Lew's are not on the same playing field as the upper end Diawas and Shimanos. Some of the upper end Abus would be worth looking at too. When I say upper end I am talking their $400-500 reels. Steez, Metanium, Aldebaran, Revo MGXtreme etc.

Comment

I have a steez sv that was a gift. It’s amazing. But if I had to pay I’d be buying the Tatula sv. (I haven’t bought a reel in a couple years so there could be newer models)

Comment

For those thinking of trying a Tatula, do it. I picked up a Daiwa Coastal SV TW a couple months ago and I really, really like it. I will probably pick up a couple Tatula SV TW103s soon. They are supposed to be a little smaller being a 100 size reel and they are fairly light.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                      Lew custom lite is one of my favorites for smaller baits. Picked it up last year for around 279.00
                      Mine too. Long time Shimano guy and overall have loved them. Saying that, after they made so many design changes over short period, went up on price multiple times I went shopping and fell in love with Lews products too.
                      Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
                        For my money the older Shimano Chronarch 100 super free are the best ever made.
                        First reel that came to my mind! The Shimano Chronarch SF. Some a-hole broke into my garage about 10 years ago and stole mine. The old Green Curados were solid, but the SFs were on another level.

I'd give the 50mg 2nd

To be honest, my next favorite was an old Lews Speed spool

Obviously the Shimano SFs have been off the market for a while. For anything new, Shimano or Lews are tough to beat.

Comment

I am shocked no one has brought up the Zebco 33

Comment

Custom lites have been my go to since they came out. But my newest purchase was the Diawa coastal. The coastal is definitely a little bigger, heavier and doesn’t palm quite as easily as the custom lites, but man it casts like a dream and is smooth as silk.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                              First reel that came to my mind! The Shimano Chronarch SF. Some a-hole broke into my garage about 10 years ago and stole mine. The old Green Curados were solid, but the SFs were on another level.

I'd give the 50mg 2nd

To be honest, my next favorite was an old Lews Speed spool

Obviously the Shimano SFs have been off the market for a while. For anything new, Shimano or Lews are tough to beat.

I inherited a couple of mgs and a few chronarch sf. U forgot about the old Lews reels as I have about 10 of those. My chronarch 100 was and still is a great reel as well as the gold. Never owned a green curado.

Comment

I like my Shimano's better than my ag's and daiwa's. My personal opinion is that I can tune them better for my style of casting better than the others. Folks will say the adjustability is the same and I disagree. Longer more accurate casts with fewer birds nest every time with my Shimano's. They like me the best.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X