No announcement yet.

Game Warden Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not a game warden and I did not sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night but….

I am fairly certain that the Texas Parks and Wildlife Code says that the person who killed a deer, tags the deer.

In the scenario given in the OP in the other thread, hunter #2 killed the deer. If anybody else tags a deer it is illegal. The second Hunter can tag it and give the horns and/or meat away with a wildlife resource document but it would be his discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      I’m thinking the legal way would be hunter #2 tags the deer then gives hunter #1 a wildlife resource document so that the carcass is now his.
      I think this is right. Hunter #2 gets screwed out of his deer and his tag. Don't be Hunter #2

Comment

Two shooters, one body. Whoever wants and possesses the meat/carcass…tags it.

Comment

When it comes to stewed prunes, is three enough? Four too many?

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
            When it comes to stewed prunes, is three enough? Four too many?
            Chingos of chit tickets.

Something so simple got blown out of the water lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
              Hunter 1 should get the deer and make hunter 2 tag it too. Then tell hunter 2 he may not be able to come back next year.
              I would be just the opposite. If you didn’t try to get another hole in a mortally wounded deer you could pack your stuff.

Comment

Yea, whoever keeps it, tags it. After that just keep your dam mouth shut.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                  Yea, whoever keeps it, tags it. After that just keep your dam mouth shut.
                  But that is such a huge problem for maybe even a majority of people.

If Hunter 2 allowed Hunter 1 to take the deer, the conversation should not be brought up again once both of them walk away. The story ends right there where the carcass is tagged.

Comment

I would be just the opposite. If you didn’t try to get another hole in a mortally wounded deer you could pack your stuff.
                    Whoops, I was just kidding truthfully I think it is number 1's deer, tag, and I think if I am number 2 and kill him, I am giving it to 1. Pumped I killed something and more pumped it was only an assist and I get my tag back!
                    Last edited by ctom87; 11-15-2021, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Amen.

Comment

Are you trapped in a phone booth? Do you need a bambalance?? That’s some greatness right there!! Who get the deer? Me or the dog??

Comment

Kruppa - in your scenario did Hunter 2 know that the deer was severely wounded and being searched for, thus they decided to humanely dispatch the deer ?

Comment

Hunter 1 if the shot would be considered a fatal shot imo.

Comment

This ^^^^

Comment

If #1 and #2 act like grown men and settle it without the gw involved, who cares what's technically "legal" ? My opinion, if 2 knew hunter 1 had shot it, let him have it. If not, hunter 1 can pound sand all the way to the range.
                                Last edited by jdg13; 11-15-2021, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X