Get him!

Comment

Another nice 8 here

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          Another nice 8 here
          Losing light fast!

Comment

Well what a great hunt. This is gonna be a little long so for those of you with ADD, no shot fired.

The deer we are hunting is a stud. He is a deer I have a ton of history with. I really think he is 5 but looks 6 or 7. I KNOW for sure he is not over six though, thats saying he was 2 when I'm pretty sure he was 1. I always just called him that broke ten because he was so big bodied that his rack just couldn't handle him. He was always a ten even as a tiny horned 1 yr old.

This year he exploded. He went to a typical 12 and threw big forks off his g3s so he is a 14pt. I was so excited about him and decided to roll him another year but Dad saw him and fell in love. I don't blame him!

Anyway he got really regular last week and I started this thread. Today we had a stud 8 come in to 40yds eating acorns in a little brush. Huge body and probably 20 inside. At dads age, he only takes perfect shots. The deer stayed 30 minutes and fed away totally unaware. I never called shoot even though I new he could have done it several times. I wanted to huge 14 for him.

Another solid 8 came in at 20yds. Then it happened. A deer that looked like a horse walking in. I'm talking kansas special. It was the14!!!!!

One small problem. He was missing an 11 inch g2. A 4 inch g5, and one 5 inch flyer off his g3. After much discussion dad concluded it was an omen.

GOD willing that deer will be a solid net booner next year and maybe God will allow Dad to be there to shoot him. In the mean time, we have hunted twice and passed. That big 8 both hunts. He better not do that again.

To be continued.... garguy and the geezer
            Last edited by GarGuy; 11-15-2021, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Dang!
              Hope he bags a goodun Steve.
              Staying tuned in. Good luck!

Comment

Awesome hunt.
                Is this BH?

Comment

This has the makings to be epic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                    Awesome hunt.
                    Is this BH?
                    I called him BF a lot. Short for Bat Fastard. Lol hes big.

Comment

Awesome love following y’all’s hunts. Thanks for taking us along

Comment

Steve, I saw where you said you killed a deer this year, but I can't find the thread. Can you link it here. I always enjoy your deer threads.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I wrote it up on the Pressured deer thread
                          Attached Files

Comment

That’s to bad on the target buck. But that’s how they reach B&C status as you well know. Good luck on the big 8 and we’ll all be tuned in.

Comment

It's gonna cool off again Thursday... Might be time for another afternoon sit, but wind will probably be howling... Is Mr. David still shooting the x-bow or is he full blown gun huntin' now?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                It's gonna cool off again Thursday... Might be time for another afternoon sit, but wind will probably be howling... Is Mr. David still shooting the x-bow or is he full blown gun huntin' now?
                                280 rem

Comment

Working...
                                X