No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread....Season 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife got her personal best in young county yesterday. Bucks are ramping up for the rut, but no interest yet from does.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      Hopefully this weekend will be better. We only get 8 hunts up there this season on Thursday evening through Monday morning with no game cams or scouting reports. I was hoping the bigger deer would be chasing by this weekend but it doesn't sound like too much rut activity yet up that way. I'm an East Texas boy so that part of the world is different for me.
      Stay out all day if you only get 8 hunts. You might catch a midday cruiser lookin for a little somethin. I ve seen some good deer from10-2 out snoopin.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
        Wife got her personal best in young county yesterday. Bucks are ramping up for the rut, but no interest yet from does.

Thats a big deer!
        Congrats young lady.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

[QUOTE=DUKFVR;15923949]Wife got her personal best in young county yesterday. Bucks are ramping up for the rut, but no interest yet from does.

Yes she did. Congratulations!!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post

Nice!

Comment

Well, my trip from the Pineywoods to North TX has been a great one and I've only been here for 22 hours. We got here about 2:30 and quickly unloaded. I snuck down to a spot I had scouted last year on the Clear Fork and built a quick brush blind behind a clump of Mesquite trees. A big doe came out at 5:20pm and since this is our trip where we try to get our does, I laid her down. Not even 10 mins later a big 10pt came in on her trail and I shot him only 40yds from me.i went back this morning and from 8-8:25am, I saw 4 bucks. About 5 or so mins after I passed on a really nice 8pt, an 11pt came out of some nasty thick stuff and gave me a very small window. He was on the move and I couldn't get him to stop but was able to get him anyways. This trip has been a blessing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211111-184118_Gallery.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	314.3 KB
ID:	24669057

Name:	Screenshot_20211111-210842_Gallery.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	24669058

Name:	Screenshot_20211112-113708_Gallery.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	997.4 KB
ID:	24669059

Name:	Screenshot_20211112-113609_Gallery.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	1,004.5 KB
ID:	24669060

Comment

Congrats Piney!

Comment

Nice work folks!!

Comment

Bucks are moving good up in Clay County too

Comment

Saw most all type of rutting activity this weekend from no sign when deer were close together. To full out track meet activity. Seemed to be the small younger doe. Next weekend ought to be wild.
                        Saw lots of critters.
                        Got us a new back yard/camp buck. Looks to be 4 to me. Fun watching him and drinking coffee at the kitchen table.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Pineywoods... Lay em out son! Good stuff and Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                            Dave is that our ranch in the background with the bright light ? We had a 170 class deer do the same thing a few years ago, I missed him twice with bow, neighbor got him.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                              Dave is that our ranch in the background with the bright light ? We had a 170 class deer do the same thing a few years ago, I missed him twice with bow, neighbor got him.
                              Yalls place would be over the left corner of the feeder. We can see yalls guard lights down in the bottom. The first light to the left is yalls driveway entrence. Those brightest lights are on 287 in Electra. We can see 25 miles to Vernon and WF from up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                                Yalls place would be over the left corner of the feeder. We can see yalls guard lights down in the bottom. The first light to the left is yalls driveway entrence. Those brightest lights are on 287 in Electra. We can see 25 miles to Vernon and WF from up there.
                                No wonder I always feel like someone is looking over my shoulder lol, will be out there Friday, maybe we can get together and have a pop.

Comment

Working...
                                X