Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In search for a new family lease not beer lease.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In search for a new family lease not beer lease.

Good afternoon TBH hunters,
    I have been currently on a lease for 3 years out of Honey Island, TX/ Votaw, TX . Things aren’t going very well for us on this club especially for the amount of money we are paying. Last year there was some camp drama that started very early in the season and it was enough for us to not come back rest of the season. My wife and I have a 9 year old daughter, an 18 month old son and a 5 month old son. 2020 season I had also gotten my mom and step dad on this lease not knowing how things were going to go the way they were. We were gonna give it one more shot and see how things were gonna go this year… same song and dance just different year. So we are in search for a family friendly kid friendly lease. We live in Crosby near Baytown and looking for something within 2 to 2 1/2 hours maximum north, east south or west of us. We are currently paying 1600 per membership with camp fees. My mom, step dad, wife and daughter we all like to bow hunt as well as rifle hunt. If there are any leads out there please pm me. We are looking for 2022 hunting season. We don’t have to have power or running water. We have a diesel generator to power both travel trailers. Plus over the last 3 years this year is definitely very very slow hunting. Also we are not seeing much at all. In our camp of 22 members 1 doe has been taken and 6 hogs 3 from 2 different traps. Also my mom has not seen a deer yet on this lease. My step dad has only seen 1 - 4 point and that was this past weekend. Any leads out there on a better place than where we currently are it would be much appreciated.
    Thank you fellas
    shoot straight
    Here’s some pics of my future hunters

Hunting truck ride always gets him…
    Daughters first deer 2020 season youth weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck.

Might would help if you define, “not beer lease!”

Comment

Good luck and Yea if you want to see deer stay away from anywhere that has 22 hunting on 1600... That is insane..

Comment

I would probably try to go west. My guess to if you want to see more deer probably going to have to pay more. Good luck in your search

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Are yall bowhunters?

Comment

No help with locating a lease but can't help but wish you folks find a good spot. That's a beautiful family you have; may the Good Lord bless you all in finding the right spot.

Comment

How many spots are you looking for for all of y'all?

Comment

3 Point Hunting Club is a great family lease. I was on it for 5-6 years and I still have multiple friends on it. I believe it will be a little more expensive than your current lease, but they are MLD 3.

Comment

Hell, you can see a lot more than that on Public land for FREE!! Don't let people tell you there are no deer on public land. There are some great areas if you put in the time.

Comment

I’m looking for a spot too. Tough finding a lease these days. I wish you luck!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      I’m looking for a spot too. Tough finding a lease these days. I wish you luck!
                      No kidding....we are STILL looking.

Good luck OP....hope you are successful!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        Good luck and Yea if you want to see deer stay away from anywhere that has 22 hunting on 1600... That is insane..

22 people on anything. Regardless of acreage that is a lot of people to intermingle.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post

That’s just in one camp there are 7 camps on this club. This is a big club !!

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                            Are yall bowhunters?

Yes we bow hunt. My wife and daughter shoot a cross bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                              How many spots are you looking for for all of y'all?

My mom and step dad , my self, wife 2 boys, and my daughter. Our current lease allows us 5 on one membership. My mom and step dad are on one membership.

Comment

Working...
                              X