Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A sponsor complained. I made disc cookers fr years. Sold them on TBH for what I had in them. Sponsor came along selling them for 2x the $$$ I sold them for. I was prohibited from selling them. I had sold a few to Mods as well. I understand. I wasn’t a sponsor paying the bills

Comment

Smart, I tend to agree with you, however, there is a guy selling cars he fixes up pretty often that seems to be doing it for a profit. I’m also not certain he’s a paying advertiser of the site either. I’m all for a guy making a few bucks but why be selective about enforcing the rules? I don’t have a dog is this hunt, just weighing in from my perspective. I always go back to the Golden Rule, “The guy with all the gold, makes all the rules.”

Comment

Moderator Problem

Originally posted by Aric View Post
        Smart, I tend to agree with you, however, there is a guy selling cars he fixes up pretty often that seems to be doing it for a profit. I’m also not certain he’s a paying advertiser of the site either. I’m all for a guy making a few bucks but why be selective about enforcing the rules? I don’t have a dog is this hunt, just weighing in from my perspective. I always go back to the Golden Rule, “The guy with all the gold, makes all the rules.”

Like I said there are outliers. Some that haven’t been outed. ….

Comment

Originally posted by LMiz View Post
          I’ve been a member for over a decade and finally had a bad experience…

Just had a post deleted with zero explanation… and I expect this one to get whacked soon too.

I read the rules before I posted in the classifieds about the buck for sale to recoup feed costs. Please tell me where I messed up.

I have always enjoyed this forum until now.

If you have been active here that long then you know they will not provide an explanation. What your doing now is trying to get banned…

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Those are the primary folks I’ve blocked to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              You’d have to be a blind moron to not see what that old man is doing lol. “I can’t work. But I wrench on hot rods all day to pay the bills”. Give me a break.

Comment

Originally posted by TxnRunner View Post
                Yes. I won't go into more detail in order to not turn this into a sort of backdoor rehashing of his original thread, but the deer in question is alive and well.
                Oh, I thought it was dead for some reason.

Comment

I read the post yesterday pretty soon after it was posted. From my years on the green screen, I knew it would be deleted. Please don’t feel singled out, it has been a consistent rule for years.

Comment

Here you go. I hope this helps.

You were selling a hunt. Good deer and fair price...however, you didn't follow the forum rules in checking things out first.

5. Do not use the forum for unapproved advertisement or spam. Solicitation directly in a post, with your username/avatar, within your signature, via Private Messages or even within your profile to a business, website or another discussion forum is not appropriate, especially if it conflicts with TexasBowhunter.com’s paying sponsors. This rule also applies to "Prostaff" members who may not use the forum to advertise non-texasbowhunter.com supporting sponsors.

If you have a situation that you feel is appropriate and does not conflict with TBH sponsors, then get approval from Michael before posting. This also pertains to group hunts if you are an agent for a non-sponsoring ranch or receiving a discounted rate or other benefit from booking hunters to a non-sponsoring ranch off of this discussion forum it is neither appropriate nor respectful of Michael and his paying sponsors.
                    10. We reserve the right to remove any topics we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the discussion forum as a whole. In addition, threads may be deleted simply because a moderator feels that it doesn't add value to the forum. Please note that, from time to time, topics may be removed for being inappropriate even though your individual post in that topic may have been perfectly fine. Please do not feel this reflects badly on you and do not take these actions personally.

Furthermore, users may not argue a Moderator/Administrators decision publicly. If you have a question over what is appropriate or a complaint, direct it to a Moderator/Administrator via email. Although Moderator’s/Administrator’s decisions are almost always final, if further clarification is necessary, direct it to Michael . In any case, remember that this forum is brought to you free of charge courtesy of Michael and our sponsors. Both he and the Moderator/Administrators have full-time jobs and families. A reasonable amount of response time should be expected from inquiries.

As a moderator for a long time I have found
                    1) We do make mistakes time to time (I have had something I have moderated overruled by the group).
                    2) We never make everyone happy in the family
                    3) I don't take it personal when I receive a nasty PM from a dissatisfied customer (yes we do receive nasty personal messages over the years...I even had some guy look me up and call my wife over a moderated thread).
                    4) Most of the "moderating" is actually done off other members reporting on threads, as no one logs onto the site looking for things to moderate.
                    5) I remain the best moderator over all these years.
                    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Working...
                    X