Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Got a good 4.5 in the pipeline [emoji1303]
    Last edited by drop dead fred; 08-05-2019, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CE0FEC2A-408C-4330-87B6-49D9761E89D7.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	24587963 Another pretty good looking buck rolled thru this morning

Comment

I'm hoping this guy made it through the season at my place in Newton Co. The one day I was hunting in a different area he broke day light twice in one day. I also had this guy come in During early December chasing a doe that I know is still around for this year.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by jjaimes; 08-06-2019, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
          I'm hoping this guy made it through the season at my place in Newton Co. The one day I was hunting in a different area he broke day light twice in one day. I also had this guy come in During early December chasing a doe that I know is still around for this year.

Good to know there’s some more bruisers in Newton County [emoji1303] this is my first year out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
            Good to know there’s some more bruisers in Newton County [emoji1303] this is my first year out there

Man there's a lot of them I've had some absolute giants on camera just have to be there at the right time.

Comment

Man there's a lot of them I've had some absolute giants on camera just have to be there at the right time.

Yeah I’m pulling cards Saturday. Hopefully I have a few good ones on camera. Some of the tracks on my place are so big I couldn’t tell if it was deer or horses

Comment

Yeah I’m pulling cards Saturday. Hopefully I have a few good ones on camera. Some of the tracks on my place are so big I couldn’t tell if it was deer or horses

Keep us posted. Hands down be in the stand on October 20-24 any of those days usually gets hit with the first major cold front. The group I hunt with we always make sure to stay up in the tree along pinch points and funnels. That weekend and first weekend of rifle season get heated. The other weekend/ week is Thanksgiving. We try whatever we can to be in the stands during those time frames based off of previous years experience from the area.

Comment

Keep us posted. Hands down be in the stand on October 20-24 any of those days usually gets hit with the first major cold front. The group I hunt with we always make sure to stay up in the tree along pinch points and funnels. That weekend and first weekend of rifle season get heated. The other weekend/ week is Thanksgiving. We try whatever we can to be in the stands during those time frames based off of previous years experience from the area.

Will do. How much does moon phase seem to effect the deer over there IYE? Hunting the DCNF it seems like those deer respond pretty positively to new and full moons regardless of weather.

Comment

Newton co is sleeper for some big deer. We are year 2 on a big Sabine River lease that was shot out. Low numbers but great genetics.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                      Newton co is sleeper for some big deer. We are year 2 on a big Sabine River lease that was shot out. Low numbers but great genetics.

Yeah that’s what I’m getting from it. Lease holder has some pictures of a couple nice bucks and one big one from previous year(s). Hoping a few more turn up.

Comment

I'll echo the last week of october and opening weekend of rifle season is one of best times to be in the stand in newton county. There are alot of good deer killed in Newton co but you gotta put your time in for sure if you are a bowhunter.

Comment

3 soil samples mailed in today. I’m hoping to hold “wonder bra” off neighbors will every advantage I have.

Comment

Will do. How much does moon phase seem to effect the deer over there IYE? Hunting the DCNF it seems like those deer respond pretty positively to new and full moons regardless of weather.

Idk if this is a direct correlation or not but when the moon is full we get a lot of movement around mid day to 3P.M. Here's a buck that appeared at on of my stands on one of the dates I told you about and with a full moon. He was after a doe. My FIL shot the one below around 3 p.m on a full moon after Thanksgiving day at our place. The last one on the bottom was also shot by a buddy of mines years ago on a full moon day around 3:30 P.M. First weekend of rifle season chasing does.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by jjaimes; 08-06-2019, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Idk if this is a direct correlation or not but when the moon is full we get a lot of movement around mid day to 3P.M. Here's a buck that appeared at on of my stands on one of the dates I told you about and with a full moon. He was after a doe. My FIL shot the one below around 3 p.m on a full moon after Thanksgiving day at our place.

Holy cow. I don’t care what the science says, I’ve seen the most big buck movement in full moon days. Anecdotal yes, however it is a prevalent pattern no matter where I’ve hunted.

Comment

full moon 10/13 and 11/12 this year

Comment

Working...
                                X