Tanned Seal Skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tanned Seal Skin

Has anyone tried to make a tab from seal skin? I would like to hear from anybody that has tried it in a tab. I feel like it would be super slick but I'm not sure how long it would last. Any information would be appreciated. Also, were can it be found?
    Thanks,
    Ben

Ben seal skin is hard to get now days. I think there is a ban on selling it.

Comment

Originally posted by widdler View Post
      Ben seal skin is hard to get now days. I think there is a ban on selling it.
      Yep, I have one tiny sliver left that Im hanging onto. It is my favorite shelf material.

Comment

Thanks guys... There was a fellow that had a bunch on Trad Gang. I had got some from him a couple years ago and I gave it away, that was before I wanted to try it on tabs.

Comment

PM sent!

Bisch

Comment

I bought some of that same stuff off of trad gang a few years ago. It makes good shelf material, but I didn't get any large enough for a tab. The stuff that I got was off of an old seal skin coat. You might look on ebay for a coat or wrap.

Comment

I think it work great as tab! I have on a longbow for shelf an strike plate going on 5 years no wear!!! If any body wants to part with some or go in on buying more if you can figure out away to get it. I am in!!!

Comment

Thanks y'all... Bisch is sending me a piece. I will make a tab out of it and I'll keep you informed on how it works out. Like I told Bisch it will likely work wonderful since it's near impossible to come by, lol.

Comment

Working...
                X