My friend Roy Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend Roy Brown

A good friend of mine will be passing very soon and some of you probably know him. This is a story I posted on his FB and I thought I'd share it with y'all .
    Most of you know that I have devoted a large portion of my life to hunting and outdoor activities . I look back on it and you always remember the highlights and trophys or the great shots but what I remember the fondest are fun times spent with my hunting buddies. One of the best memories I have involve Roy, it always puts a smile on my face and is brought up in conversation pretty regularly. So I'm gonna tell a condensed version for y'all

Well about 2006 or 2007 we had a big 5 day javelina hunt planned for feb. Roy and I were gonna bunk in the same tent. Well we decided we were gonna do some drinking while we were down there. Roy and I both have the same taste in wine and I think it stems from blood dilution caused by our ancestors. We both like cheap wino type wine. The more it tastes like koolaide the better we like it. So the agreement was made that Roy would bring the food,cause he had a endless supply of MRE's from some **** where, and I would buy all the liquor. So I go to Specks cause it's difficult to find a large variety of wino wine in one place. I believe I ended up purchasing 18 or 20 bottles. I did not buy the cheap mad dog 20/20 but splurged and got us some higher end wine. Well we all met up at 2:30am to leave out and I had packed up the wine so as to it didn't get damaged. I am not a particularly pleasant morning person and Roy won't let anyone else drive so win ,win I went back to sleep and got up about daylight. Anyway about San Antonio I mention that we ought to ice down some of the wine so it can reach the proper temp for consuming upon arrival. Roy asked what kind I bought? I told him I didn't know. Well he started in on me about how in the hell could I buy that much wine and not know what kind it was. I told roy I bought every kind they made, as a matter of fact I bought 2 of every kind. Well this did not make much sense to him and he wanted some clarification on the purchase. I told him I bought two of every color and did not know what the names were. He again wanted more info. I stated that I bought two blues, two reds, two greens and so on. All of the better grade labeled boones farm which is far superior to the getto type mad dog. Well this tickled old Roy. Being that like myself he also appreciated the finer qualities of the boones farm brand. So we iced down a few bottles and carried on to where we were hunting. This was a 5 day hunt and for lunch and dinner every day to wash down the MRE,s we choose a couple of colors each and debated on what the hell flavor fuzzy navel and wild island and kountry kwencher really was. Well none of us killed anything on the entire hunt. But I will tell you this it was the most fun I've ever had with friends hunting. So every year since when he or I bought wine we called it by a color instead of its brand name. It makes me smile every time I get a blue bottle of boones for the eve.

Roy looks like your gonna beat me to where we are all going, but get your butt busy and find us some good spots to hunt. I'll be along later with two of every color and a good light and we will stackem like cord wood my friend.

I love you buddy see you later,
    JamesClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376101215.570769.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	24979647Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376101284.560200.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	24979648

Very nice, a bit saddened but like you said, we are all headed there soon.

Comment

Prayers for Roy, his family and you. Thank God it is only so long for a time, then we will be together for an eternity.

Comment

Sounds like y'all are great friends, James! I'll send a few prayers up for Roy and you and all his family and friends.

Bisch

Comment

Wow! That's great having friends like that! Prayers up for all!

Comment

Sounds like an awesome friendship. I'll be sending prayers for Roy tonight. God bless.

Comment

I'm there with you James... Prayers sent for Roy and his family! Many years ago now I lost my best friend and hunting partner and can tell ya it is bittersweet but, I still fondly remember the times we shared.the hunts and many adventures that will come once we are reunited! Very nice story - thanks for sharing!

Comment

Prayers sent for Roy and his

Comment

Vaya con Dios.

Comment

Prayers sent..... Great tribute to your friend

Comment

Prayers sent.

Matt

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment