X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bisch, what arrow is that?

Comment

Definitely not a dumb question.

Like the others have said, the lighter arrows zip a little more and when I was starting out, I was shooting about a 8.5gpp arrow. It sort of helped for 3D as it was a flatter trajectory.

However, when I started hunting, I moved to a 10gpp setup. The bow was quieter and I ended up shooting 3D with it as I got used to the trajectory. More recently, with my new bow, I am shooting 11.25 gpp (540gr - 48#.) I am really happy with it. I got used to the trajectory pretty quick and so far I am digging the results.

Comment

This is not a dig:

It's hard for the heavier draw weight bow hunters to relate to the problem of having arrows that are to light weight.

Out of all my hunting & 3D bows, I have never had arrows of less than 585gr, and most are 600gr plus, even some at 6gpp are over 600gr.

The point is - If you are shooting lighter draw weights, then it's probably better to have & pay attention to the opinions on arrow weight from the skilled & successful bow hunters who use lighter draw weights.

That said - from my own personal experience, and from gleaning knowledge from experienced lighter draw weight bow hunters, I have come to the conclusion that 9.5 gpp really is an optimal weight of arrow.

Rick

Comment

I shoot about 550 off of a 58# recurve.

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
            Bisch, what arrow is that?
            Easton Axis Full Metal Jacket (.400 spine), full length, with a 75gr brass insert, and a 150gr point/broadhead.

Bisch

Comment

Working...
            X