Magnus Stinger vs. Viper Trick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shot both broadheads out of my Puma recurve side by side into a Hipps target. Both flew true like field points but the Viper consistently penetrated 3 inches deeper. I know the Viper does not represent a trad head but I need all the confidence I can get. I will be sitting in my tree in the morning with the Puma/Viper combo hoping for a smooth release and true arrow flight. This first trad kill has been hard to come by here in Boerne due to all the acorns and green browse. Thanks again for all the advice.

Now shoot them through some 1/2" plywood.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
      Now shoot them through some 1/2" plywood.

Rick
      I am guessing you know something I don't. That's why I love this board. Will shoot some plywood tomorrow after I hunt.

Comment

Go with what you are confident with! You are shooting enough poundage that either will work just fine. I love the Stingers and can get them shaving. The main thing is to put the arrow in the right place. If you do your part, either BH will do its part!

Bisch

Comment

My son ran a 100 grain stinger buzz cut completely through the spine of this hog and dang near through a rib on exit.

He shoots a Diamond Razor Edge at 40#, 27".

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            Go with what you are confident with! You are shooting enough poundage that either will work just fine. I love the Stingers and can get them shaving. The main thing is to put the arrow in the right place. If you do your part, either BH will do its part!

Bisch
            +1
            Go with what you are shooting better. If they both fly well go with what YOU want. They will all kill something at your poundage.......

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
              I am guessing you know something I don't. That's why I love this board. Will shoot some plywood tomorrow after I hunt.
              Not really.

You've seen how they do, and what the difference is in soft tissue.
              I just wanted you to also see what the difference might be in hard tissue.

Once you've seen it both ways, then you'll know for sure which head is going to work best for you.

Rick

Comment

Working...
              X