Nazi oxygen bottle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
    Pretty cool! Crown Central Petroleum in Pasadena used to have a boiler unit that was built in the early 40’s. The valves all had the Nazi waffenampt stamped into them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Those came from Bethlehem Steel if I remember correctly.
    Shell Deer Park has some still

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Prior to the adoption of the swastika by the Nazis in the 1920s the swastika symbol had been in use for thousands of years. Just because an item has a swastika on it does not mean it was a Nazi item. For a time, a gold swastika on a red background was the insignia of the 45th Infantry Division, Oklahoma National Guard. The swastika was considered to be a Native American good luck sign. It was chosen to represent the unit in the 1920’s, well before the it became the infamous symbol of Nazi Germany. Following the rise of the Nazi party in Germany in the 1930’s, the insignia was switched to a gold thunderbird on a red background.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
        Prior to the adoption of the swastika by the Nazis in the 1920s the swastika symbol had been in use for thousands of years. Just because an item has a swastika on it does not mean it was a Nazi item. For a time, a gold swastika on a red background was the insignia of the 45th Infantry Division, Oklahoma National Guard. The swastika was considered to be a Native American good luck sign. It was chosen to represent the unit in the 1920’s, well before the it became the infamous symbol of Nazi Germany. Following the rise of the Nazi party in Germany in the 1930’s, the insignia was switched to a gold thunderbird on a red background.
        This.

Comment

I was raised very close to Chilicco Indian School. Here is a pic of the basketball team.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	E01EC115-E6B8-43BC-99CF-38F090CF5E99.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	24563817

Comment

Very interesting stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post

The ones on the valves in the boiler unit were the eagle atop the swastika and were actual Nazi symbols. I understand what you mean though, Indian/Hindu symbols use a reverse swastika that is sometimes confused for the Nazis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very cool. Saw a nazi bottle many years ago in a machine shop. They were going to cut it up and build something out of, pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                X