Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 06-09-2021, 07:49 PM   #1
whitetailfanatic
Pope & Young

Angry Does anyone still like Bushnell cameras?

Bought Bushnell camera last year for use on our patio, so itís never been exposed to bad weather, now it doesnít work sent to Bushnell and received fast email stating Ďcamera on its way to you Thank you Bushnellí
Camera still doesnít come on and in bottom of the box is a work ticket saying Ďrepairs will cost more than value of cameraí how can a repair cost more than their camera, craziness guess Iím done with them, ok rant over
whitetailfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2021, 07:54 PM   #2
sqiggy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Panola Co and Robertson Co

Had one last for years, probably more than 10 before it gave out. I got another one couple years ago and still using it. Iíve had all kinds and most bit the dust after it flooded. They donít work to well after being submerged under water!!!
Only camera Iíve had that never worked at all was a moultrie.
sqiggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2021, 07:54 PM   #3
Greenheadless
Ten Point

Hunt In: Liberty County

They used to be the go-to, now not so much. At least that is my experience. I haven’t found anything to match the older Bushnell camera’s reliability though.
Greenheadless is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2021, 07:57 PM   #4
CabezaBlanca
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado County

I’ve had great luck with them and their customer service.
CabezaBlanca is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2021, 08:03 PM   #5
Pstraw
Ten Point

Hunt In: Front yard or back yard

If I get 2 years out of any camera I feel fortunate. Most cameras are chinese junk in the first place, so I don't expect much.
Pstraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2021, 08:05 PM   #6
eradicator
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
Bought Bushnell camera last year for use on our patio, so itís never been exposed to bad weather, now it doesnít work sent to Bushnell and received fast email stating Ďcamera on its way to you Thank you Bushnellí
Camera still doesnít come on and in bottom of the box is a work ticket saying Ďrepairs will cost more than value of cameraí how can a repair cost more than their camera, craziness guess Iím done with them, ok rant over
They really sent you a note stating that? While prolly true that is ridiculous!!!
eradicator is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2021, 08:08 PM   #7
Mule Skinner
Six Point

Hunt In: Eastern Edwards Co.

I use $30-$50 cameras and when they die buy more. In my experience the more expensive ones tend to last about as long as the cheap ones.

I'm gonna jinx myself but I have a $50 WGI that I've run for many years from Oct.-June.
Mule Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2021, 08:10 PM   #8
doghouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills County

Two years max and then throw them in the trash.
doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2021, 08:25 PM   #9
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cherokee, Rusk, Trinity Counties

I’ve had good luck with Bushnell cams. I lost one in the woods once and it stayed on the tree for well over a year before I happened to see it again. Batteries were starting to corrode and I had to scrape some crap off the contacts but it still worked. That said, my newest ones are two to three years old. They do take great pics and video.
Drycreek3189 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2021, 08:31 PM   #10
Aggies96
Four Point

I've been running moultries for years with fairly good luck. I run them 24/7 and most get a lot of sun exposure. I found with a little protection from the sun they do tend to last longer. I think with any one of them in that $100-200 ranges (besides your high end $400+ ones) it's a crap shoot year to year with any manufacturer. Sometimes a new model works great for years and the next model is a POS that doesn't last a season or plagued with issues (just don't buy anymore of that model). I've had great luck with the returns on Moultries. For the last couple of year if you register it within 30 days of purchase you get another year of warranty (total of 3 years). I've returned maybe 4-5 in the last 7-8 years and always just gotten a new camera - usually the latest version. I'm also usually running about 10-12 of them at a time for wildlife and security.
Aggies96 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2021, 08:39 PM   #11
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
Bought Bushnell camera last year for use on our patio, so it’s never been exposed to bad weather, now it doesn’t work sent to Bushnell and received fast email stating ‘camera on its way to you Thank you Bushnell’
Camera still doesn’t come on and in bottom of the box is a work ticket saying ‘repairs will cost more than value of camera’ how can a repair cost more than their camera, craziness guess I’m done with them, ok rant over

I'd return it and the camera to them with a big "Bleep" you and a copy of a receipt with a purchase of a new Browning ....just on pure principal..
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2021, 08:47 PM   #12
lilavidhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Richland Springs

Been using them since 2012. Never had an issue other than a Woodpecker hammering the glass.
lilavidhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2021, 09:11 PM   #13
Graybow
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqiggy View Post
Had one last for years, probably more than 10 before it gave out. I got another one couple years ago and still using it. Iíve had all kinds and most bit the dust after it flooded. They donít work to well after being submerged under water!!!
Only camera Iíve had that never worked at all was a moultrie.
I bought 4 Moultries this year. Two different models. All at the same time. None of them have been any good. They take 2-3 pics and then quit. And Moultrieís customer service is nonexistent. Will not answere an email or answer or return a phone call. Iíll never by another of their products.
Graybow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2021, 10:09 PM   #14
Aggies96
Four Point

To add to my moultrie comments... I've never called the customer service. I go online, file submit a ticket, send it in, and usually get a new camera within a few weeks. In my opinion if you can't find a way to fix your camera with whatever you can find online from people with similar issues or on their website then calling customer service won't get you anywhere either. And as most of you have said... it's almost always a frustrating experience no matter what company it is.
Aggies96 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2021, 06:15 AM   #15
whitetailfanatic
Pope & Young

Yea just felt really bad tossing a brand new looking camera into the trash can
Thanks good to know others have similar issues
whitetailfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2021, 07:53 AM   #16
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

I have couple that are 5-6 years old and still take pics. But Ive had new ones since then that crapped out in 2. That last 2 Ive bought were brownings
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2021, 07:58 AM   #17
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia Nebraska

Yep. The old ones were good. The newer ones, ones made in the last 4 years to date, are total junk in comparison.. It's a shame..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2021, 08:03 AM   #18
DUKFVR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young County & Anywhere A Duck Flies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Yep. The old ones were good. The newer ones, ones made in the last 4 years to date, are total junk in comparison.. It's a shame..
My experience here.
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2021, 08:14 AM   #19
Kong
Six Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma Texas

We ran them over 10 years and between the screens going out, some randomly working when they felt like it and the picture quality being crap after looking at other pics from even a $30 Amazon camera I finally got so ticked off with them I removed the SD cards and threw the last 12 of them in the trash after the season in January. I was so sick and tired of never knowing which one worked and which one randomly worked to this ones screen doesn’t come on, this one only works with a 2 gig card, etc etc etc..

Their 100% complete trash these days and if they sent me a case of them for free today I’d toss them in the trash as well. Life’s to short to deal with junk and stay frustrated all the time when it’s suppose to be fun.
Kong is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top