Ruger 1022 vs Ruger American Bolt 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger 1022 vs Ruger American Bolt 22

Which would you go with? Thinking about picking up a new 22 for both target practice for the kids as well as for small varmint hunting (squirrels/rabbits/coons). Currently have a single shot cricket 22 and a savage bolt 17hmr. However, I would like to pick up the 22 so we can use it without hearing protection (when varmint hunting). Thoughts? Recommendations?

Buy both

Comment

Ruger American bolt for now, teach the younguns accuracy with a bolt, save you a lil on ammo. if they were like mine once they found out the 10-22 would fire as fast as you pulled the trigger they got real use to spray & pray technique
      ..... ended up costing me arm & leg in ammo.

Comment

10/22

Comment

I now have both a bolt action 22 and a ruger 10/22. I prefer the bolt action. Mainly because its threaded and subsonics are RIDICULOUS in it.

Comment

My grandson shoots my Ruger American bolt 22 and loves it.

Comment

Another vote for both

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stickers View Post
                once they found out the 10-22 would fire as fast as you pulled the trigger they got real use to spray & pray technique
                Lord if this ain't the truth. Add a Kidd trigger and forget about blinking—that mag will be empty in a sneeze. Raising little gangbangers over at my place. Had to switch them to the bolt gun.

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
                  Which would you go with? Thinking about picking up a new 22 for both target practice for the kids as well as for small varmint hunting (squirrels/rabbits/coons). Currently have a single shot cricket 22 and a savage bolt 17hmr. However, I would like to pick up the 22 so we can use it without hearing protection (when varmint hunting). Thoughts? Recommendations?
                  Bolt action will be quieter, but I LOVE my 10/22's. They are probably the most versatile rifles I own. You can buy so many things to make it your own, its ridiculous.

Comment

10/22 for sure.

Comment

subs in my american 22, the click of the firing pin is all you hear and its super accurate

Comment

I have a 10/22 and ruger American .22mag. I like both of them a lot. With the 10/22 I did a lot of mag dumps as a kid. Ruger American has a good trigger. I’d like to upgrade the trigger in my 10/22. You’ll be happy with either

Comment

Both....or either. A 10/22 with an upgraded trigger probably gets a slight nod from me. Lots of things you can do to them aftermarket as well.

Comment

Check out the Tikka T1x. The reviews on them are great. I bought my daughter one in 17HMR today at Scheels. It is also has a threaded barrel. It has a heavier barrel profile than most as well, but I would not consider it a heavy barrel. I can’t wait to get it set up and shoot it.

Comment

Cannot go wrong with either model. The 10/22 has 1000's of upgrades and add ons. Plus it comes in a take-down model.
                              I just picked up an ER Shaw threaded barrel for my 10/22, I have to install it and pew pew pew to see how it will do.

Comment

Working...
                              X