Bowhunt All Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowhunt All Season

Based on the harvest pictures and threads many hunt with a bow until rifle starts and then switch. K no itching wrong with that but who else bow hunts the entire season. No gun hunting at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope bow all the way up until rifle season starts and then it gets broke out. I am in this to kill stuff and have fun and I enjoy the rifle just as much so why cripple myself with a bow?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

100% bow hunting other than shotgun for birds (turkey is bow too)

Comment

Bow hunt only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bow only here, no enjoyment for me to shoot something with a rifle, don’t have a problem with it, just not for me.

Comment

I bow hunt all season on my leases. I’ll do a little rifle hunting on family land during the holidays.

Comment

Bow, bow, bow!!![emoji180]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bow all season for me. Haven't killed a deer with a rifle in 12 years

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bow only!!

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                    Nope bow all the way up until rifle season starts and then it gets broke out. I am in this to kill stuff and have fun and I enjoy the rifle just as much so why cripple myself with a bow?

you only cripple yourself with a bow if you put zero effort in to get as close as possible

im on a lease where everyone besides me gun hunts, granted i rifle hunt 1-3 sits a year but i hunt with a bow 99% of the year and i come home with more deer meat and bigger deer every year.....i look into the little things and details by scent control, wind, scouting, ect...im in it for the kill too, that's why i practice at 100 yards with my bow so at 40-55 yards im pretty confident

Comment

Bow hunt only

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                        you only cripple yourself with a bow if you put zero effort in to get as close as possible

im on a lease where everyone besides me gun hunts, granted i rifle hunt 1-3 sits a year but i hunt with a bow 99% of the year and i come home with more deer meat and bigger deer every year.....i look into the little things and details by scent control, wind, scouting, ect...im in it for the kill too, that's why i practice at 100 yards with my bow so at 40-55 yards im pretty confident
                        This is a Texas only mentality. I can't tell you how many really nice muleys I would have killed at 150-200 yards with a rifle that got away because I had a bow in my hand. And yes I am proficient with my archery gear easily out to 80+ yards. A bow is a step back in lethality know matter how you slice it and try to claim to be a super hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                          This is a Texas only mentality. I can't tell you how many really nice muleys I would have killed at 150-200 yards with a rifle that got away because I had a bow in my hand. And yes I am proficient with my archery gear easily out to 80+ yards. A bow is a step back in lethality know matter how you slice it and try to claim to be a super hunter.

didn't claim to be a super hunter, but you sound lazy

Comment

Switch to rifle to chase my target buck. I bow hunt for does or culls.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                              didn't claim to be a super hunter, but you sound lazy
                              Ok if you say so. But when was the last time you hiked in 12 miles from the truck to go chase a muley out west in grass 8 inches tall as your only cover in sand hills and spot and stalk only? Then come back at me with being lazy. It is fact rifle hunter will kill more than bow hunter plain and simple. And I am in it to kill stuff not watch stuff walk off out of range or bust them trying to get that extra 20-30 yards to be within archery range.

Comment

Working...
                              X