Dodge/Ram 6.4 Gas Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodge/Ram 6.4 Gas Engine

Those folks who have purchased a Ram 2500 with the 6.4 gassed, what are your thoughts?
    I'm considering a 2017 2500 Off Road package and don't really want to go with a diesel.

Thanks

Heard nothing but good things about them.

Comment

Son has one and is totally happy with it. I have 5.7 in my 2500 and very happy with it.

Comment

Cannot comment on the gas but I can speak to the brand. Mine has been fantastic!

Comment

I asked the same question not long ago and pretty much everyone was happy with their choice.

Comment

Dodge/Ram 6.4 Gas Engine

Dont forget you can buy a "lifetime warranty" for it before it hits 44,000 miles on it. It's bumper to bumper from what I gather.
            So you can buy it, try it out for the factory warranty duration then if you decide to own it long term, purchase the "Lifetime warranty " and drive the wheels off it.
            There is a thread in a Ram forum talking about buying it over the phone from some dealer out of state and saving a bunch of money on it that way.
            They were quoting in the $2800 area on for the 1500's .

They don't offer this in the diesels, only the gassers.

Ifn I switch back to gas anytime soon, this was my plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks. Good idea.

Comment

What kind of gas mileage the 2500 Ram gasser's gettin'??

Comment

I have had mine for 2 years. Get 14.5 mpg on highway with 35's. About 10.5 pulling a good load. I also bought the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty.
                  Last edited by hogslayer78; 06-05-2017, 07:09 PM.

Comment

I've heard nothing but great stuff on the 6.4!

I put 309,000 miles, over 8 years, on a 5.7 and spent less than $2k keeping her going. That's repairs, not routine maintenance.

Comment

I have a 2015 2500 mega cab with 40k miles and love it. Gasoline mileage is 14.9-15.1 on a regular basis. 4x4

I bought an extended warranty but didn't know about the lifetime extension.

Comment

Im on my second one. Bought one from a fellow TBHer back in 2014, put about 15K miles on it with nothing but good things to say about it. Absolutely loved the truck. Traded it in November for the same truck, but in a long wheel base and still love the truck. Getting 14 running the bumpy hilly road I travel to work every day, and the computer says I can get up to 16 on better roads. That's on stock tires with a big ol' flatbed on the back and a front bumper replacement on the front. I bought it used, so I didn't get offered a lifetime warranty, but I got a 100K mile bumper to bumper. My next one will be a 6.4 most likely.

Comment

Love my rams!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I get 15 mpg in town about 17 on the hwy

Comment

Dang guys, I may have to look seriously at a 2500 Ram... I had a super cab years ago as a co. truck and it was an OK truck except at the time, my personal truck was a dressed out 1 ton crew chebby, and in comparison, that Dodge (was before they started callin' them Ram as a brand) drove like a tank... the chebby drove so much better. I totaled that Dodge 1500 to keep from hitting a little rice burner that had cut me off trying to get on the freeway from the feeder in the right lane... I was in the left and chose the guard rail instead of the rice burner... The replacement truck was a Ford F150 crew... never had another Dodge / Ram... might be time to check 'em out. I'd like to have a 3/4 ton but don't need/want a diesel... seems these new Rams have respectable mileage... I assume their power is good too??

Comment

Working...
                              X