Trigger help AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger help AR

I bought an AR in 7.62x39. It is a cmmg lower with a dpms trigger. Can you adjust the pounds on the trigger? I was shooting it today and would squeeze and squeeze and it would seem to go in stages and finally fire. If I just pull the trigger it shoots but would like to fine tune the trigger. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Stock AR trigger. You can get a replacement drop in that is much better but the run $150-250. You can do some improvement on factory but you really need to be familiar with it before tinkering.

Comment

Get a Timney trigger. I did in one of mine and tightened my groups and now have a nice smooth 3lb trigger pull... Simple to install!

Comment

If you don't want to spend the coin on a new trigger, go to jp enterprise website and order a set of their reduced power springs.

They can make you're stock trigger a 3.5 lb trigger got a fraction of the price

If not. Giesselle our timney

Comment

2 stage triggers suck.

Go single stage. http://www.jardinc.com/index.php?opt...stage&Itemid=6

I'm running two of the 1.5 lb triggers fully adjustable. Sweet triggers.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
            2 stage triggers suck.

Go single stage. http://www.jardinc.com/index.php?opt...stage&Itemid=6

I'm running two of the 1.5 lb triggers fully adjustable. Sweet triggers.
            Hey, hey! Easy on the 2 stage there Nate. All of my ARs have 2 stage Geisselle triggers and they are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Hey, hey! Easy on the 2 stage there Nate. All of my ARs have 2 stage Geisselle triggers and they are awesome.
              Lol. I'm sure they are geisselle makes great stuff. But why waste time pullin the slack out of a trigger when you could be shooting.

Truth be told not many people need a single stage AR trigger. But man they sure are sweet!

Comment

Go on youtube and find a few videos on stock AR trigger work. It's very easy and there are a few good ones on there that I've seen. I did my own trigger work on mine because I was cheap at the time. Still haven't bought a new trigger for it because I honed it down and polished my stock one pretty well. It takes a little bit of time, and do it slowly, then try it, then do it more, try it again in the gun... You can take a bit of that factory slug off to where it is decent... If nothing else, try it, if you don't like it still, your already looking for a new trigger so buy it after playing with the factory one first..

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  me too,
                  thats because we're smarter than most people

Comment

as i might not agree totally for the 2stage vs 1 stage debate on here.. but i will say this.

It depends on what you are using it for.

FOr hunting where you would be making quick, deliberate pulls, single stage takes the cake.
                    For target shooting or bench shooting, 2 stage gives you the ability to stage your final pull for more accurate shooting.

I have found though, it is possible for someone that has grown up shooting a single stage to be more accurate with a SS rather than a 2stage. Me for instance.

Comment

Is there a reason you didn't just call me?

The stock triggers are not very good on AR's. There are a bunch of different drop in triggers that work quite well. Some reasonable, some get quite expensive.

Comment

heres that spring set that will make your horrible SS stock trigger into a 3.5 lb SS.

Comment

I just put a rock river trigger in mine it was pretty easy and now a completely different gun. Think I paid around 140 for it

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
                            http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.8.3_spring.php

heres that spring set that will make your horrible SS stock trigger into a 3.5 lb SS.
                            that lightens it but it doesnt smooth the feel. the sear engagement has to be honed to get that out, and to drop it to the 3.5lb range. otherwise its at 4-4.5lb. which is still better than 7

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                              that lightens it but it doesnt smooth the feel. the sear engagement has to be honed to get that out, and to drop it to the 3.5lb range. otherwise its at 4-4.5lb. which is still better than 7
                              oops meant to put that in
                              thank you for the clarification

Comment

Working...
                              X