No announcement yet.

AR-15 decision time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on other people who have had the RRA two stage trigger, it is a softer metal and wears down quicker than better quality triggers, like geissele.

Do yourself a favor and take a serious look at the ACT or QMS triggers and a jp enterprises trigger spring kit. These are still single stage triggers, but theyre already honed to remove the gritty feel of an AR trigger. And made by geissele as well .

And yes, you do need a properly staked gas key on any AR. The screws WILL back out, causing you to lose gas pressure, causing FTE and FTF issues.

Comment

Originally posted by PSD Ryan View Post
      Probably by being an argumentative, name calling jack wagon...

Or for calling a spade a spade

Comment

This has been entertaining haha

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
          So you need a properly staked gas key for coyote hunting?

You need a mil spec buffer tube instead of commercial to hunt deer?

Again, two of the most important pieces to a hunting rifle, arguably, THE most important parts: trigger and barrel. The RRA comes stock with better parts on both pieces.

If you wanna take your carbine to a carbine class and run it hard, Colt is more likely to pass the course without part failures. If you wanna hunt with your gun and shoot it like a normal hunting rifle, you'd be fine with either rifle but the RRA starts out ahead because of the trigger and barrel. The other parts that are stronger have no bearing in a hunting role, period.

In my opinion.

Daniel what does need have to do with anything? The Colt has the better parts, period. That's not a step back. FWIW, my Colt 6920 shoots under MOA out of the box.

As far as the barrel and trigger on The RRA the trigger is just ok to me (in fairness all of my ARs have Geisselle triggers in them so not much else compared anyway) and the barrels are pretty much the same.

My main argument was get the Colt for less money, shoot it a little while to figure out what upgrades you want as you learn more about the rifle.

The Colt is the best base platform to build off of and make it they way you want it.

Comment

Yes Matt, it has been entertaining for different reasons for everyone. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Comment

My buddy bought the Colt for his first AR and it didn't function right out of the box. The BCG was messed up. He called them and they wouldn't let him send just the bcg back. They wanted the entire rifle. He sent it in and still hasn't got it back. I bet it's been 6 months if not longer. He is very disappointed. Every time he calls about it they act like have lost record of it so he forwards their own emails back to them with serial number etc. I don't think they are what they were in the past and I think people are still riding on that pony's old reputation. Because he went with Colt as his first AR, he still doesn't have his first AR. Based on the customer service alone, I wouldn't consider Colt. Go with RRA, I've never had a single problem with any of them.

Comment

I have a customer that has started a ar company called Atx armory making some awesome rifles. Look them up on Facebook. Their web sight will be up soon. Looks great with top notch parts. He just upgrade my ar with new rail, trigger and stock. Trigger is great. If you want his info let me know. Priced at what you are looking at spending, maybe a bit less.

Comment

Originally posted by turbowhunter View Post
                  My buddy bought the Colt for his first AR and it didn't function right out of the box. The BCG was messed up. He called them and they wouldn't let him send just the bcg back. They wanted the entire rifle. He sent it in and still hasn't got it back. I bet it's been 6 months if not longer. He is very disappointed. Every time he calls about it they act like have lost record of it so he forwards their own emails back to them with serial number etc. I don't think they are what they were in the past and I think people are still riding on that pony's old reputation. Because he went with Colt as his first AR, he still doesn't have his first AR. Based on the customer service alone, I wouldn't consider Colt. Go with RRA, I've never had a single problem with any of them.

Obviously it can happen with any of them.

I still stand by my statements though. They still are one of the only rifles that meets TDP, even in the $800 civilian guns.

Comment

I'm sure it can happen to any of them but I would expect more to make it right.

Comment

Originally posted by turbowhunter View Post
                      I'm sure it can happen to any of them but I would expect more to make it right.

That I agree with. Colt hasn't always had a stellar reputation for taking care of the civilian market.

Comment

AR-15 decision time

Both the colt and RRA are good rifles. I say just pick one and start adding your modifications.

This thread needs pics. Remnants of a colt 6920:

Last edited by 35remington; 04-04-2015, 05:59 PM.

Comment

I bought the 6920 for my first AR after several here recommended them. It's been fantastic.

Comment

Or you could just buy this Colt 6920 that already has a low profile gas block, add the Midwest SSM and stock of your choice and still be invested in the rifle less than the RRA and have a much higher quality rifle as well. An added bonus is the Colt will have a higher resell value if you ever decide to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by philcam View Post
                              Or you could just buy this Colt 6920 that already has a low profile gas block, add the Midwest SSM and stock of your choice and still be invested in the rifle less than the RRA and have a much higher quality rifle as well. An added bonus is the Colt will have a higher resell value if you ever decide to sell.

https://dsgarms.com/cole6920-oem2

Thanks for the link. Looks like they are back ordered or I'd definitely consider that as an option.

Comment

Go with Colt. I didn't and regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X