Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone still like Bushnell cameras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone still like Bushnell cameras?

Bought Bushnell camera last year for use on our patio, so it’s never been exposed to bad weather, now it doesn’t work sent to Bushnell and received fast email stating ‘camera on its way to you Thank you Bushnell’
    Camera still doesn’t come on and in bottom of the box is a work ticket saying ‘repairs will cost more than value of camera’ how can a repair cost more than their camera, craziness guess I’m done with them, ok rant over

Had one last for years, probably more than 10 before it gave out. I got another one couple years ago and still using it. I’ve had all kinds and most bit the dust after it flooded. They don’t work to well after being submerged under water!!!
    Only camera I’ve had that never worked at all was a moultrie.

Comment

They used to be the go-to, now not so much. At least that is my experience. I haven’t found anything to match the older Bushnell camera’s reliability though.

Comment

I’ve had great luck with them and their customer service.

Comment

If I get 2 years out of any camera I feel fortunate. Most cameras are chinese junk in the first place, so I don't expect much.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
            Bought Bushnell camera last year for use on our patio, so it’s never been exposed to bad weather, now it doesn’t work sent to Bushnell and received fast email stating ‘camera on its way to you Thank you Bushnell’
            Camera still doesn’t come on and in bottom of the box is a work ticket saying ‘repairs will cost more than value of camera’ how can a repair cost more than their camera, craziness guess I’m done with them, ok rant over
            They really sent you a note stating that? While prolly true that is ridiculous!!!

Comment

I use $30-$50 cameras and when they die buy more. In my experience the more expensive ones tend to last about as long as the cheap ones.

I'm gonna jinx myself but I have a $50 WGI that I've run for many years from Oct.-June.

Comment

Two years max and then throw them in the trash.

Comment

I’ve had good luck with Bushnell cams. I lost one in the woods once and it stayed on the tree for well over a year before I happened to see it again. Batteries were starting to corrode and I had to scrape some crap off the contacts but it still worked. That said, my newest ones are two to three years old. They do take great pics and video.

Comment

I've been running moultries for years with fairly good luck. I run them 24/7 and most get a lot of sun exposure. I found with a little protection from the sun they do tend to last longer. I think with any one of them in that $100-200 ranges (besides your high end $400+ ones) it's a crap shoot year to year with any manufacturer. Sometimes a new model works great for years and the next model is a POS that doesn't last a season or plagued with issues (just don't buy anymore of that model). I've had great luck with the returns on Moultries. For the last couple of year if you register it within 30 days of purchase you get another year of warranty (total of 3 years). I've returned maybe 4-5 in the last 7-8 years and always just gotten a new camera - usually the latest version. I'm also usually running about 10-12 of them at a time for wildlife and security.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post

I'd return it and the camera to them with a big "Bleep" you and a copy of a receipt with a purchase of a new Browning ....just on pure principal..

Comment

Been using them since 2012. Never had an issue other than a Woodpecker hammering the glass.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                          Had one last for years, probably more than 10 before it gave out. I got another one couple years ago and still using it. I’ve had all kinds and most bit the dust after it flooded. They don’t work to well after being submerged under water!!!
                          Only camera I’ve had that never worked at all was a moultrie.
                          I bought 4 Moultries this year. Two different models. All at the same time. None of them have been any good. They take 2-3 pics and then quit. And Moultrie’s customer service is nonexistent. Will not answere an email or answer or return a phone call. I’ll never by another of their products.

Comment

To add to my moultrie comments... I've never called the customer service. I go online, file submit a ticket, send it in, and usually get a new camera within a few weeks. In my opinion if you can't find a way to fix your camera with whatever you can find online from people with similar issues or on their website then calling customer service won't get you anywhere either. And as most of you have said... it's almost always a frustrating experience no matter what company it is.

Comment

Yea just felt really bad tossing a brand new looking camera into the trash can
                              Thanks good to know others have similar issues

Comment

Working...
                              X