Who shoots NSCA/NSSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who shoots NSCA/NSSA

Anyone here shoot NSSA or NSCA? I shoot for Tarleton, myself and a few others on the team are getting more into NSSA/NSCA and will be going to a few shoots a month. Just wanted to see if anyone here has courses they really enjoy shooting at and recommended shoots to go to every year. Also just want to hear everyone’s experiences

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We shoot just about every Wednesday at Pines Sporting clays in Lufkin. They have several shoots through the year.

Comment

Who shoots NSCA/NSSA

Defender in west Ft Worth always has good shoots. Looks like where your pic was taken.

Last edited by MarlinMears; 03-19-2021, 08:27 PM.

Comment

I shot for A&M back in the day. Did really well at Nationals my senior year. And then competed off and on afterwards but it’s an expensive hobby and having two daughters is expensiver.

Comment

I like Defender in Ft.Worth, and Fossil Pointe in Decatur.

Texas Gun Ranch in Terrel is good. They put together a fun but tough American Field Sporting course.

Greystone Castle in Mingus is supposed to be excellent, just haven't made it out there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MarlinMears View Post
            Defender in west Ft Worth always has good shoots. Looks like where your pic was taken.

Big fan of defender. We usually host our yearly fundraiser shoot there

Comment

Originally posted by Creedmore View Post
              I like Defender in Ft.Worth, and Fossil Pointe in Decatur.

Texas Gun Ranch in Terrel is good. They put together a fun but tough American Field Sporting course.

Greystone Castle in Mingus is supposed to be excellent, just haven't made it out there yet.

Greystone is very Nice, we’ve shot there a few times. William Walton sets all their targets and is a hell of a shooter, I think he won the NSCA championship in 2015 or so.

Comment

Defender is great. Fossil point is always awesome and very challenging.
                Elm fork is fun as well. Registered targets are always going to be tougher sets than standard set ups.

Comment

I shot a lot while in high school and a little after.
                  I always enjoyed shoots at Elm Fork, Dallas Gun Club, and Fossil Pointe. I really liked Lone Star in Glen Rose but they closed down sometime last year unfortunately.

Comment

I helped start the club at Tarleton in 2013. Went on to beat A&M at nationals that year.

I shot a lot of NSCA after I graduated. Loved it, but don’t have the time anymore. Make it down to nationals and shoot the whole week. Fossil pointe, defender are my favorite in dfw. West side in Houston is great.

Comment

Used to shoot tournaments from end of bird season to beginning of bird season. Bought a place & now put most of my money in it. Still shoot recreationally during summer. My favorite places to shoot were Greater Houston, Westside & Capitol city.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperExotics View Post
                        I helped start the club at Tarleton in 2013. Went on to beat A&M at nationals that year.

I shot a lot of NSCA after I graduated. Loved it, but don’t have the time anymore. Make it down to nationals and shoot the whole week. Fossil pointe, defender are my favorite in dfw. West side in Houston is great.

Well **** fancy seeing you. What’s your name? Well be down at nationals this coming week, I still talk to a d shoot with Chandler Larson I’d that name rings a bell

Comment

My wife and son do. I just drive the cart, fit guns and buy shells.

My son is a senior and will be riding a shooting scholarship at Jacksonville University in Florida.

We've been hitting the JO tour hard lately with mod trap. Just finished HLSR and will be in San Antonio shorty

Once kiddo is off the shell bill I'll shoot more stuff with the wife

Pretty proud of how far he has come with his shooting. Who would have thought we would get a return in our investment of bullets

Not to mention the friendships we have made with people from all over the country

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to along with ATA trap when younger. Really enjoyed it but chasing registered targets got to pricey and I eventually quit shooting formal clays. I shot all over and got to meet some wonderful folks, some of the best shooters in the world. Between travel and equipment and entry fees it gets expensive. Bought primers 50K primers at a time, lead shot and wads by the pallet, powder by the 25 lb keg and ran P-W and Mec hydraulic loaders. When not shooting I was loading for the next weekend.

My best friend and shooting buddy had a young daughter that would tag along with us and would shoot with us sometimes. She grew in 4H shooting sports and eventually got a shooting scholarship. In her years at Lindenwood she dominated the women categories. She did win national collegiate championship as an individual. I don’t know what currently Lindenwood is doing at far as shooting sports but in the early to mid 2000’s they were the college to beat.

Comment

Capital city, Nationals, Texas state coming up next month see you guys there

Comment

Working...
                              X