Double Down Protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Down Protein

Couldn't delete my other post talking about protein but started researching more on whats in my area since L&E is nowhere close. I've got record rack and double down as the primary protein available for about $15 a bag. Antler Max is around too but costs more. Another option I saw is buck ration which is either 16% or 22% it however is a corn/roasted soybean blend.

Any insight on what direction to go? Just trying to supplement the herds I hunt.

There's a big long thread in the management forum discussing ingredients. Its more than just protein content.

Comment

Comment

At our place they love the antler max.

Comment

If prices are equal I would think DD is a no brainer. Antler max being even higher is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
            If prices are equal I would think DD is a no brainer. Antler max being even higher is a joke
            X2

Comment

I've never used DD, but do like Antler Max. They would hit it hard. I'd try the DD if cheaper though.

Comment

I know people at Record Rack. I'd buy Record Rack and never think twice. I have seen a lot of those deer that are not even to be believed come from it. Deer that look as if they need a wheel barrow to tote their head around.

Comment

we fed antlermax 20% for years. was paying $13.50 or so a bag. deer seemed to eat it and herd was improving both body and horns. one of the guys read somewhere that deer could not digest but 17% protein feed. who knows for sure!! but we switched a year or so ago to Fehner and Sons 17% at $9.40 a bag. at first we dumped some antlermax in with it to get them used to it and now they go through a ton and a half a month. would probably eat more but we put 500# in each feeder at the start of the month then reload every month. we are basically getting every 3rd bag free compared to what the antlermax cost. and we killed a couple of the biggest heaviest deer we have ever shot this year.

Comment

Nothing wrong with DD, it's a good feed. It's their marketing strategy that's a little outrageous. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Comment

The deer will eat what ever.you put in front of them. If you have any West protein around its alot cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                        Nothing wrong with DD, it's a good feed. It's their marketing strategy that's a little outrageous. Good luck with whatever you decide.
                        Perfect wording !!!

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                          The deer will eat what ever.you put in front of them. If you have any West protein around its alot cheaper
                          Any idea what 20% West Feeds is going per bag these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Bought west feeds for $11 bag. Has anyone else noticed feed prices going up quick the last couple weeks. Buccees corn is up $1.50. My cattle feed is up $1 bag.

Comment

Thanks for posting this. Really interesting forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X