No announcement yet.

What's up with the rut??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are chasing around the house in Dripp!

Comment

The “rut” happens the same time every year. It doesn’t change. The weather, moon, doe population affects the daytime movement, But the timing doesn’t change

Comment

I just started the last couple days in Comal county

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          The “rut” happens the same time every year. It doesn’t change. The weather, moon, doe population affects the daytime movement, But the timing doesn’t change
          Bingo. It NEVER changes... only our perception does. Sure, there are does that come in early and some that come in late but generally the peak of the actual run is consistent

Comment

When the temperature is in the 80-90s they rut at night. When it cools down you see more activity during the day. Just cause you don't see it during the daytime doesn't mean it's not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              Naw man, it’s over. The Facebook hunting experts say so

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                Naw man, it’s over. The Facebook hunting experts say so

Think it was over in July.

Comment

I came across my first, and only, scrape on Sat and reworked Sat nite. I checked all past scrape lines and nothing yet. I hope it waits another week, 10 days.

Comment

Bucks doing battle and chasing in Manchaca.

Comment

I saw bucks chasing 2 weeks ago in smith county

Comment

Mills County..... I hunted Saturday and all the bucks are traveling alone. I saw 12 bucks, ranging from 7 year olds to yearlings, that evening and they are chasing does. Lots of rubs and scrapes around as well. I saw quite a few dead, headless bucks on the road between Tomball and Goldthwaite. Pretty good indicator it's happening.

Comment

It looks to be progressing normally. I'm in Young county a ways north of you and I have been seeing bucks chasing does for a few weeks. Now has the rut hit the top of the Bell Curve No but that is to be expected at this time of the year.

Comment

I had bucks bumping does for the last 3 weeks - especially a couple of the mature ones. This week there was some definite heart felt activity with bucks chasing hardcore. Even had one give me a great gaping/foaming mouth selfy at a camera I had see up on a major trail. This has been the most active I've seen this early in a season in quite awhile. I'm in DeWitt County between Cuero and Goliad.

Comment

Zip, zero, nada in Bandera yet. I have tons of neighborhood deer, so I can Lee a decent eye on it from my back porch. I’m thinking things are going to start changing a little this next week though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They're starting to run does at my place in Bastrop county.

Comment

Working...
                                X