Dewitt County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishinag22 View Post
    I have a lot of family in the area. Our place is off 2718, my grandmother was actually born there.

I grew up 2 miles from Westhoff off county road 210

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
      I grew up 2 miles from Westhoff off county road 210

Guy I use to work with is from there . Blyan

Comment

Ryan that’s a stud for DeWitt! Congrats!!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
          Ryan that’s a stud for DeWitt! Congrats!!

Sierracharlie out…

Thanks

Comment

Dewitt County

Originally posted by megger89 View Post
            I gotcha...I went to school in Yorktown and my family lives in area. If you need a processor check out Buesing Processing in Westhoff.

I second these guys, when smoliks quit processing as much we switched to buesing. Quick and delicious!

This is my target buck. Seems once they hit 4 they disappear, we have let’s several 4 yo’s walk every year for the last 10 years and have yet to kill a 5 Yo

We are in meyersville right on 183

Last edited by bowfishin fool; 10-07-2020, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I hunt a family place right on the Karnes/Dewitt line. Bummed to say I haven’t even put corn in the feeder or put a camera up this year as my focus has been on my new lease. Might run out there tomorrow, though.

Comment

I hunt a few miles near Meyersville off the Coleto Creek so have hunted there my whole life. My larger bucks moved off the feeders for the most part a few weeks ago. I'm not seeing a lot of acorns though. I did see my target buck bumping a doe on Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon was definitely with her. He wouldn't leave her even with other does/fawns moving into the feeder. Sat at about 65-70 yards for about 20 mins till they moved off together. Just didn't want to chance that shot on an animal. I've got a couple of toads this year. I started cotton seed 2 years ago and it's been working well on all accounts. I grew up in Meyersville and went to school in Yorktown (Meggars - we might know each other? I'm class of '90). We were one of the first counties to do antler restrictions and it's made a heck of a difference. We also have a large group of land owners in Meyersville which are part of a wildlife management which has made the biggest diff. If you get a large enough people on the same page on management you can do wonders on low fence. I had a deer 2 years (never got a shot) that pushed 150-155". My target buck this year will push over 140" I believe and is missing brow tines with that.

Comment

Stuck a doe this morning. Felt good to get something on the ground after the disappointment of losing that buck opening weekend.

Comment

Arrowed this one last season on our place just North of Cuero. I second not seeing deer past 4 1/2 years old. We'll have pictures of some great bucks and then they vanish to never be seen again.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess yalls 4,5 year olds come to our place to retire. Here are a couple of jaws from our deer.

Comment

First jaw is an old deer.

When I hunted Dewitt, I remember it being sandy. I’m sure that sand wears their teeth down along with age.

Comment

We are frying some ribs and having a shindig this weekend at our place in meyersville, any of the TBH community in the area is welcome to stop in!

Shoot me a message for a pin drop!

Comment

Originally posted by charrell71 View Post
                            Arrowed this one last season on our place just North of Cuero. I second not seeing deer past 4 1/2 years old. We'll have pictures of some great bucks and then they vanish to never be seen again.
                            Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I have to disagree. We see a few bucks a year that are well over 4.5 but that’s on cams and not necessarily in person. North DeWitt/Gonzales county area

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I did some oil and gas leasing down there. Anyone hunt on Schendel property? I had the opportunity to hunt their property off the San Antonio but never took her up on it.

Comment

I may know some of y'all. Moved away from Yorktown in '84 I believe. Summer before I entered the 4th grade. I say '84 because I remember we got our very first VCR that year.

And y'all are confirming what I have heard of the area...some say there are big deer, and some say there are no big deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X