This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    When the Big12 schedule releases, I won’t be surprised if Nebraska is on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I won't be surprised either, but the only way it happens is a Big 10 divorce, it can't just be a one year deal. They have not been relevant since they lost their Texas recruiting pipeline and there are many older huskers that aren't happy in the Big 10

Comment

I didn’t read all of this, So someone may have already said it, but as long as the teams aren’t losing too many players due to Covid I think they should play. Of coarse I think Elementary’s opening up is more important. I laughed yesterday when I was in downtown Austin watching a guy ride around on a motorcycle with no helmet, but that mask sure was on tight. More likely to crack his skull than get killed from corona.

Comment

College Football season about to be postponed maybe cancelled

“Big Ten commissioner: Nebraska can't remain Big Ten member if it plays football this fall “

Would the Big 12 welcome them back as a full time member with all of the prior bad blood?

I would love to see OU and Nebraska back on a regular schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
          “Big Ten commissioner: Nebraska can't remain Big Ten member if it plays football this fall “

Would the Big 12 welcome them back as a full time member with all of the prior bad blood?

My answer is No. They were not happy in the Big 12, they are not happy in the Big 10. Maybe its you, Nebraska, not the conferences.

If the Big 12 is going to add, Nebraska would be down my list of teams looking to add.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
            "Deion, is that you?"
            no, its michael trabtree

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
              My answer is No. They were not happy in the Big 12, they are not happy in the Big 10. Maybe its you, Nebraska, not the conferences.

If the Big 12 is going to add, Nebraska would be down my list of teams looking to add.
              I understand the ugliness of them leaving, but adding them back would strengthen the conference I would think. The Big 12 is always mentioned as one of the conferences with the most hurdles to overcome because of the size of its competition pool, seems like adding a team like Nebraska back would dampen that noise. It’s gonna be a crazy ride the next few weeks, and I hope the Big 12 plays ball.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                I understand the ugliness of them leaving, but adding them back would strengthen the conference I would think. The Big 12 is always mentioned as one of the conferences with the most hurdles to overcome because of the size of its competition pool, seems like adding a team like Nebraska back would dampen that noise. It’s gonna be a crazy ride the next few weeks, and I hope the Big 12 plays ball.
                By adding a team, you have to go add another team to get to 12. Right now the 10 team works out with 9 conference games and everyone plays, everyone. You go past 10 teams, you have to split in two divisions again. If you have to split in divisions it is a complicated process with your balance of power and what you do with OSU / OU.

In the end, adding teams only matters to the eyeballs you gain so you get extra money from the networks. The TV market means way more than the name on the front of the jersey when you are talking expansion. I just think they are more attractive options if you are going to add. This is assuming teams could get out of their GOR like Nebraska would be doing and you had options on the table.

The Big 12 had a huge opportunity to make a big splash and grab some ACC teams when they were on shaky ground a few years back. It would have been a great conference that blanketed SEC country, but they failed to make it happen and a major lost opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                  Yea but you can watch a bunch of reruns you forgot about or never saw. I watched the first Super Bowl last month and thought it was pretty cool. But yea I hear ya...
                  Yes, this is what I think we will all be doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post

Would be a good addition/return for the B12, but who would come in with them?
                    Last edited by flatlander; 08-12-2020, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Conferences are cancelling, and we're rolling out new unis....got rid of the bevel, stripes, and going more old school 90's
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        By adding a team, you have to go add another team to get to 12. Right now the 10 team works out with 9 conference games and everyone plays, everyone. You go past 10 teams, you have to split in two divisions again.
                        No you don't, the Big 10 played with 11 teams from 1990 to 2011.
                        With the current 12 game schedule you have a round robin 10 game conference schedule and 2 non conference games a year. I would welcome Nebraska back they would make the conference stronger and I honestly think their program would flourish better in the Big 12.

Comment

New preseason top 10 until further notice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                            Conferences are cancelling, and we're rolling out new unis....got rid of the bevel, stripes, and going more old school 90's

I’m not comfortable with the term “old school 90s”. [emoji15]

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                              Would be a good addition/return for the B12, but who would come in with them?
                              I say just stay at 11, maybe BYU football only, BYU rule of no playing on sunday is a major snag with other sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                I’m not comfortable with the term “old school 90s”. [emoji15]

Unfortunately the mid 90's were almost 30 years ago In the new era of instant gratification, 30 years is a lifetime ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X