• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any 6.4 has too many miles

Comment

Don't buy a 6.4 regardless of miles!

Comment

Guess it depends on what you pay for it.

Someone gives it to you, then go for it.

Just be ready to do some repairs. Engine might be fine, may not be with oil dilution issues. Even if it is though, you are going to have consumables to deal with and that's going to cost you occasionally. Hell even just replacing two batteries can cost you $400 for the good ones. Just stuff to keep in mind.

Comment

Honestly, I'd go look for a 2012-13 6.7 if its in your budget.

That or look at a Duramax or Cummins.

I've got a 2012 6.7 King Ranch that I love.

Comment

Any diesel with 260k miles you can run into any issue. If you like the body style and don't mind spending money on repairs ($2,000-$15,000)...then I say go ahead and get it. You know if the manager at the dealership owned it then the maintenance was probably done regular. He can probably pull up the Ford Oasis report on it and show you every single time it was in for service.

I've owned them all and worked on them all...they all have their own little quirks and issues.

I work at a diesel repair shop and have seen the 2011+ 6.7L Powerstrokes with an engine knock at 110k miles. Have also rebuilt engines with less than 40k miles. Anything mechanical can break at any time.

Comment

Originally posted by 7m STW View Post
              I still don't understand why someone would want anything to do with a truck with that many miles. Even a desiel with more than 50,000 and I want nothing to do with it.
              Living in Midland we can put 50k miles on a truck in 6 months

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                Man I'd run from it. I had a 6.4 and liked it, but as soon as I hit 200K I got rid of it. That thing was a ticking time bomb. Either spend the extra cash and buy a 6.7 which are starting to come down pricewise, or go back and get you a 6.0. I know I'll probably be the only one to say that but 6.0s are **** good engines if properly cared for.
                I agree with you. 6.0 with proper maintenance and knowing something about your truck besides you need to put diesel in it to make trips to the grocery store I loved my 6.0, was chipped at 8k miles and had 230k when I sold it and was running strong and still is. hated to sell it but needed a crew cab with having a family now days

Comment

I sold my 2011 king ranch 6.7 with 200k miles for 16k

I had a 6.4 and i wouldnt have sold it to anyone i knew

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                    Take it for what it's worth-

https://powerstrokehelp.com/Archoil: https://archoil.powerstrokehelp.com/I get asked all the time what Ford diesel is the best to buy? So I have made a video...

Pay attention to what he says about the 6.4, and he owns one.
                    Dang, I have a 6.4 with 176k, on it. Guess it could take a dump ant anytime. A while ago I was having some trouble and they did a computer update on the computer. It fixed the problem, but the service adviser basically told me I should get rid of it. I'm kind of hard headed though, lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X