Leupold vx6 4-18x44mm??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leupold vx6 4-18x44mm??

I have been reading up on this scope and it is fitting all of the parameters I have been looking for (reticle, length, weight, tube dia., objective, etc). I have seen that they replaced the vx6 with the vx6 HD models and jacked the prices up on them. I am looking at the vx6 not the hd. I was wondering if anyone here on the GS has one and has any input on it. I am looking at using it for hunting and target shooting at longer ranges 1000 yds plus. Any info on it and experience behind one is appreciated.

Following- meets all of my long range backcountry rifle needs.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I have a VX6 3-18x44 w/ the TMOA reticle in a non-HD version. I haven't had it long and have only had it at the range twice so far but color me very impressed. The previous owner I know took the rifle and scope combo out to 1200 yds. I am now considering the HD version in either 2-12 or 3-18 to go on my backpacking rifle.

Comment

You can find this scope on clearance for around $899 now I believe. I am waiting for my local Academy to mark theirs down to $700 before I buy one

Comment

I have two of them. One with the illuminated varmint hunters reticle, the other with the firedot. They are good scopes and the cds is handy for me. I don't shoot near that far but have shot out to 500 yards.

Comment

I have two as well...both duplex, but one has the firedot.

Wonderful glass.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys!

Comment

I have one with TMOA reticle. Super nice scope.

Comment

Originally posted by Buglemintoday View Post
                      You can find this scope on clearance for around $899 now I believe. I am waiting for my local Academy to mark theirs down to $700 before I buy one

Count me in for a couple when they do that. I'm a big fan of the VX6. I've got several of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ltsheets View Post
                        I have a VX6 3-18x44 w/ the TMOA reticle in a non-HD version. I haven't had it long and have only had it at the range twice so far but color me very impressed. The previous owner I know took the rifle and scope combo out to 1200 yds. I am now considering the HD version in either 2-12 or 3-18 to go on my backpacking rifle.
                        Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                        I have two of them. One with the illuminated varmint hunters reticle, the other with the firedot. They are good scopes and the cds is handy for me. I don't shoot near that far but have shot out to 500 yards.
                        Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        I have two as well...both duplex, but one has the firedot.

Wonderful glass.
                        Originally posted by Shane View Post
                        I have one with TMOA reticle. Super nice scope.

I had the chance to handle and look through one earlier this week it seemed pretty nice but man the HD sure was better. The clicks on the non HD just the regular VX-6 version sure sere spongy and not audible at all. It was almost hard to tell when you were actually turning it enough to actually brake over a click. Are they all that way or did that one just suck?

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                          I had the chance to handle and look through one earlier this week it seemed pretty nice but man the HD sure was better. The clicks on the non HD just the regular VX-6 version sure sere spongy and not audible at all. It was almost hard to tell when you were actually turning it enough to actually brake over a click. Are they all that way or did that one just suck?
                          I wouldn't consider either one of mine spongy at all. The clicks are audible and crisp.
                          The HD is really nice no doubt.

Comment

I'm not a dialer anyway & would really need to see a big visual difference to pony up to the HD...I got both my scopes used.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                              Count me in for a couple when they do that. I'm a big fan of the VX6. I've got several of them.
                              I just bought 3 of the VX-6 3-18x44 TMOA from Euro optic yesterday for 899 ea, free shipping and no tax.

Comment

Working...
                              X