No announcement yet.

Crappie withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubba with his weekend loot and his big fish! The kids had a blast. CAT does such a good job with this tourney every year!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome photos!

Taking the nephews out this weekend to try and find them...

Comment

I think if his smile was any bigger in that last pic, my cell phone would break from the weight of it.

Great pics!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Great pics from Lewisville, heading out this weekend. Never fished Lew for crappie. Hope to have some success! Will try some of the bridges and rocks. I'll update if I have any luck!
          Last edited by BtheBuck; 06-06-2017, 07:09 PM.

Comment

[emoji106]We found a few on RC this weekend[emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
              Yes you did!

Comment

Originally posted by BtheBuck View Post
                Great pics from Lewisville, heading out this weekend. Never fished Lew for crappie. Hope to have some success! Will try some of the bridges and rocks. I'll update if I have any luck!

Chart/white jigs on timber and rocks 10-15'. Drop it to the bottom and slowly bring it up. 720 bridge was a dink factory. Minnows working good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post

Headed there Friday and Sat last trip looked about like yours. Need to find 7 big ones for next Sat. Nice mess of fish!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                    Headed there Friday and Sat last trip looked about like yours. Need to find 7 big ones for next Sat. Nice mess of fish!!

I'd try main lake points with timber in 25-30' of water for the bigger fish [emoji6]

Comment

Hammered em again. Place that was awesome last weekend was a ghost town this weekend but we found some new stuff. Chambers fishes easy. Hopefully we can find some good ones next Sat. Then off to Fork!![emoji2]

Comment

Fork was a producer on Thursday before the tournament guys hit the lake.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by switchbackxt View Post
                          Fork was a producer on Thursday before the tournament guys hit the lake.
                          That's awesome! They look delicious!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Bittersweet day yesterday on Chambers. Only been on the lake a couple times but found good fish the day before in timber 17-25' deep fishing 12-18' down on jigs. Had 9.5-10lbs I guess. CATs scale always weights better than mine but it was good enough I felt we had a chance to stay near the group. They opened the gates Thursday I'm told and it slowed the bite then you had to contend with the wind. Yesterday started out pretty good and we were culling after the 2nd submerged tree we fished and has a couple decent ones. Bite got tougher after about 9 but we ground out some good fish. Caught our last good fish at 1230 and he was dead as a hammer by 1!! I was sick as it was our biggest. Got to weight in to find we lost 3 good fish and it cost us big time. Finished 7th. On the bright side came home to little sisters birthday mermaid party and it went great and everybody had fun and it was nice knowing I can hang with the big dogs in timber seeing I don't consider myself a good timber fisherman. 9.5 pounds came in the boat. 8lbs hit the scale after 3 good fish including our 2 biggest died. Our rules state fish must be alive to weigh in so it adds another dimension to the whole day.

Comment

Tough ending for sure Slew. Hope your Father's Day will be a better one.

I'll be cook-n Crappie this afternoon for the whole family, including my Dad. But he gets a special serving of Channel Cats. That's what he likes. Everbody else gets crappie. Gonna have some home made jalapeño hushpuppies, jalapeño poppers, deviled eggs, green beans, tator salad, with cobbler for de'sert. I'm not a de'sert fan. But I'll sure eats me some fruit cobbler!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                Tough ending for sure Slew. Hope your Father's Day will be a better one.

I'll be cook-n Crappie this afternoon for the whole family, including my Dad. But he gets a special serving of Channel Cats. That's what he likes. Everbody else gets crappie. Gonna have some home made jalapeño hushpuppies, jalapeño poppers, deviled eggs, green beans, tator salad, with cobbler for de'sert. I'm not a de'sert fan. But I'll sure eats me some fruit cobbler!
                                That sounds awesome!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X