No announcement yet.

2020 Pushmataha county/SE Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason it is like this is because they do a spray kill first year after clear cut. Plant second year no spray, all new growth. The travel corridors and pinch points have not changed in 50 years. Deer travel where they grew up, their parents, grand parents....., anywhere you have a timber type change is always a good travel corridor. Does not change the fact that clear cuts suck for bow hunters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We got hit hard with clear cuts the last 2 years. I'm no expert but to me it made it easier to narrow down the travel and now have access to drains that create edges. I don't know for sure but thats part of my plan for this season. Hunt the new edges on drains and hunt saddles I found via topo maps.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Any of you guys have any openings or know if any land for lease? Our lease of 10 years was sold this past weekend and we’ll be looking for a new place. Any heads up on places would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Couple good ones with potential showed up this past week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Went up worked on camp we had ATV trouble so didn't get to many of our proven spots checked a few easy to get to cameras looks like a good crop of fawns coming up and coyotes are a huge problem. Did dispatch this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by 3whunt View Post
              Any of you guys have any openings or know if any land for lease? Our lease of 10 years was sold this past weekend and we’ll be looking for a new place. Any heads up on places would be greatly appreciated.

That is unfortunate. I am sorry to hear this. I will keep my eyes open.

How big of a place are you looking for and how many hunters are you looking to accommodate?

Comment

The lead that just sold had 10 spots and was around 3500 acres. But as long as we could find 1000 or so, that would work too (me, my dad, my uncle). For my spot, Wesley usually fills my limit...lol.

Comment

This will be my first year on a lease in this neck of the woods. Got a on place outside of Snow, OK. It's mainly a place to take my 10 year old daughter hunting with her crossbow.

I've got some cameras in place now and hanging feeders between trees and now I'm working on stands. Do the bears jack with popup blinds? Was just thinking that popups (even on slightly elevated platforms) would be a better option than using a ladder stands or building a box blinds.

Comment

Originally posted by coonazz View Post
                    This will be my first year on a lease in this neck of the woods. Got a on place outside of Snow, OK. It's mainly a place to take my 10 year old daughter hunting with her crossbow.

I've got some cameras in place now and hanging feeders between trees and now I'm working on stands. Do the bears jack with popup blinds? Was just thinking that popups (even on slightly elevated platforms) would be a better option than using a ladder stands or building a box blinds.
                    The [emoji199] mess with everything. You can put them out but wait until October. I used to hunt near snow csn be some really good hunting there.

Comment

Originally posted by coonazz View Post
                      This will be my first year on a lease in this neck of the woods. Got a on place outside of Snow, OK. It's mainly a place to take my 10 year old daughter .......
                      Well you better tell her to get ready....

Click image for larger version

Name:	3297C4CB-8AA5-4DD2-8B5C-3CADD56BCBC0.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	24625801

Comment

Slinger is right they will mess anything that has smell on it, or new to place, or......made of matter. Good luck with the bears, who you leasing off of in snow?

Comment

It's been a while since I've been on here. Looks like bucks are doing well this year.
                          Last edited by Guns_up; 08-11-2020, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostSkull View Post
                            Well you better tell her to get ready....

[ATTACH]1014213[/ATTACH]
                            Hey keep in touch again this year. Shoot me a text i lost alot of contacts. Good luck on the mountain [emoji903] I know yall don't need it with the herd up there!!!

Comment

Name:	IMG_2483.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	24626103

Name:	IMG_2482.jpg
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	24626104

Name:	IMG_2481.jpg
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	24626105
                              Some push county fuzzy heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                                That is unfortunate. I am sorry to hear this. I will keep my eyes open.

How big of a place are you looking for and how many hunters are you looking to accommodate?
                                Thanks for the concerns and questions. Just got on a lease near Kiowa. I’ll always be looking to get back to the mountains! Keep me posted guys!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X