No announcement yet.

How a catfish poacher became big bass king of the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had one around here, his name was Robby Rose. Main reason I won't fish anything but random pairing tournaments, all these buddy tournaments going on you know there is cheating happeing that never gets caught, I'm positive there is.
    Last edited by bossbowman; 06-25-2019, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Comment

Wow.

Worth the read for sure. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Tagged for the plane ride home tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve been following mike long on instagram and Facebook for years, got to admit, I’ve bought a couple baits, and used gear he’s promoted because he seemed to catch a bass of a lifetime just about on a daily basis. But after a while I was even asking myself how is this even possible.. guess I know now. I saw all of this unfold yesterday on social media. Airrus rods put out a statement today saying they are cutting ties with him and donating the remainder of his signature line of rods to a youth fishing organization, and he also deleted all of his social media accounts. It’s really insane see such a huge figure in the trophy bass fishing world crumble so quickly. I just can’t belive this guy has been a fraud all along..

Comment

No doubt in my mind he was cheating but after reading all that you would think there would be more concrete evidence. No hidden compartment, no fish hidden in the lake found but a TON of circumstantial evidence, Just seen snagging fish by one guy. Is there a link to the video of him snagging? Sure was A lot of blind eyes turned to this guy and his methods. Just seems kind of odd. He got away with it for a long time but he really doesn’t seem very good at it..
              Last edited by Jcjohnson; 06-26-2019, 01:30 AM.

Comment

That’s crazy, dude has hauled in some BIG fish. I fished some beds by swimming lizards over them rarely worked, but they always stayed right there. Never saw the gratification in trying to snag one. There’s no way those lakes let those records stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                  No doubt in my mind he was cheating but after reading all that you would think there would be more concrete evidence. No hidden compartment, no fish hidden in the lake found but a TON of circumstantial evidence, Just seen snagging fish by one guy. Is there a link to the video of him snagging? Sure was A lot of blind eyes turned to this guy and his methods. Just seems kind of odd. He got away with it for a long time but he really doesn’t seem very good at it..
                  Page 9 has a link to a long video the author made of him snagging. Reading the article I was thinking, he's still catching some huge fish even if he is using them to fake records. I guess he really was just snagging them.
                  Last edited by CEO; 06-26-2019, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Sounds like he's ready fo POLITICS

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                      Page 9 has a link to a long video the author made of him snagging. Reading the article I was thinking, he's still catching some huge fish even if he is using them to fake records. I guess he really was just snagging them.
                      Found it, thanks he gone...
                      Last edited by Jcjohnson; 06-26-2019, 06:08 AM.

Comment

If all true that guy is a real piece of work. The video is pretty ****ing. I'm also wondering if a couple of the partners mentioned weren't in on it or intentionally turning a blind eye at the time.

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                        Incredible story. The fact he was able to pull it off for so long with other people on the boat. While many seemed to know, no one had actual proof. Sounds like the money was just a bonus, he was doing most of it just to feed his ego.

Almost like shooting record deer at night on someone else’s place.

It sure does sound like that. If ego is involved in fishing or any other outdoor activity for that matter, then you are doing it wrong.

Comment

Sounds like most BIG fish he caught were on live bait, either trout or water dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                            If all true that guy is a real piece of work. The video is pretty ****ing. I'm also wondering if a couple of the partners mentioned weren't in on it or intentionally turning a blind at the time
                            They had to be, nobody is that stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                              Incredible story. The fact he was able to pull it off for so long with other people on the boat. While many seemed to know, no one had actual proof. Sounds like the money was just a bonus, he was doing most of it just to feed his ego.

Almost like shooting record deer at night on someone else’s place.
                              Your last line is genius....

Back many, many years ago my mother worked for Dallas Power and Light ( long since has been TU Electric ) there was a guy fishing hard in bass tournaments. He was having a lot of success until they caught him flying bass in from Florida.......They were going to take him to trial for fraud and he committed suicide before the trial. That was probably 40 years ago.

-john

Comment

Crazy read. I cannot believe he went as far as he did and to threaten a kid too. He woulda toted an asswhippin real quick if that was my son he threatened for busting him. Just can’t see how he slept at night. Hard to fathom

Comment

Working...
                                X