No announcement yet.

Venison slim jims / snack stix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without a doubt some of the best things that come from deer meat especially, if there is cheese in them!!

Comment

Looks good Bobby.

I'm guessing you just laid them out on the grate and smoked at 200?

You had guessed about 4 hours smoke time, was that pretty close? I'm really wanting to do this and sausages, but haven't worked up the courage yet.

Comment

Originally posted by twobittxn View Post
        Looks good Bobby.

I'm guessing you just laid them out on the grate and smoked at 200?

You had guessed about 4 hours smoke time, was that pretty close? I'm really wanting to do this and sausages, but haven't worked up the courage yet.
        It's all about the internal temperature for me. The first batch of sticks got up to 165 pretty quick but they just didn't look right. Too smooth and new looking. I went ahead and pulled them. Tasted okay but wish I would have cooked them a little longer and faster at the end.

The second batch of sticks cranked it up a little bit for the last 20 or 30 minutes and it gave it more of a wrinkled slim jim look if that makes sense. but be sure to test the internal temperature of several sticks because some of them may get done before the others depending on where they are.

Yes, just laid them on the racks but wasn't real happy with that due to the hot spots. Along the edges of my deflector plate some of the sticks got burned.

I propped up my grill grates with some small blocks of wood for the sausage links to get them farther from the heat. They are on now and sitting at about a hundred and fifty degrees internal.

Comment

Save me some brother. Looks great!

Comment

Those look good. I am going to have to buy a new smoker.

Comment

Man o man amigo, those look great!

Comment

I've been wanting a good snack stick recipe...might have to give this one a shot

Comment

I need to try this

Comment

Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X