No announcement yet.

Freestone County Plots/Trees and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a few targets showing up, my scrape/licking branch tree got knocked over by the cows. I was able to get a few deer on camera before reseting it.
    Attached Files

Comment

Did the bucks actually use the scrape? What did you start it with, scents?

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
        Did the bucks actually use the scrape? What did you start it with, scents?
        They did, or this little buck did. I didn’t have a cam on it when I first set it up. Then when I did set up a cam I got these pics before a cow knocked it over. Will pull cards in the next week or two. Definitely using the limb as a licking branch. No scents used.

Comment

Interesting about the hand corning. I hunt in Freestone and it's the toughest area I've ever hunted. I've started to notice that hand corning might be more effective. The last time I was out I through out 100 lbs and a camera and will be going back in the next couple of days.

Also cool thread, following...

Comment

Great thread!

Comment

How high are your pens to keep the hogs out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by down2hunt View Post
                How high are your pens to keep the hogs out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Hog panels, 34” I believe

Comment

Still nothing mature showing up, but have something like 7-10 different younger bucks hitting corn and the food plot. Haven't ran cams on the micro plot this fall so I'm hoping we have older bucks on that side of the farm....will know soon hopefully.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Same for me in Navarro. Lots of young deer. Nothing really mature this yr.

Comment

Little update, combo of oats and wheat are in the ground with some brassicas and clover.

Worst year I’ve ever had on trail cams. Few pics of small bucks but just can’t get a doe or mature buck pic is a problem for this time of year.

Will be out for the rifle opener with bow and gun in hand.

Comment

So last year I cemented a post with a red oak limb stuck in it for my mock scrape/licking branch (Pic above). Hogs really liked to rub on it, and cows decided to knock it over. So this year I drove a t post in and wired a red oak branch to it....worked out pretty well. Had two other smaller bucks that I didn't post also working it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Quick update, mock scrape I got put up two weeks ago along with cameras. Should be hunting next weekend I hope.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I found the thread!

Now, you taking me next weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Boondock Ridge View Post
                              I found the thread!

Now, you taking me next weekend?
                              Let’s go! I could use some help.

Comment

In navarro I still have had zero luck with mock scrapes. I even resorted to the "drippers" last yr and still nothing. Guess my deer are just hardheaded

Comment

Working...
                                X