.350 Legend and grunt tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.350 Legend and grunt tube

Two 1st for me. I found a grunt tube purchased many years ago and never used, so I took it out yesterday. Last christmas I was given a Legend (Stoner) upper, got it together with a pig plex leupold and Stoner lower parts with a Shadow ops receiver.
    A yearling spike and doe had been about 50 yards eating and milling around, relaxed to say the least. So I grunted 2 times to see how they reacted and about a minute later blew again. Little reaction from the youngsters just a glance and back to chilling.
    About 5 minutes later the buck came in with an attitude, head up and ears forward. He was walking toward the stand like he was on a mission. He stopped where the other 2 had been and the 350 barked. He was angled to the side of me at almost 60 yards. He turned and ran nearly 50 yards and piled up.
    The 180 grain winchester Power Point didn't exit but both lungs torn up. This is the 2nd heaviest deer with the most body fat I've taken. I believe an 80 pound deer at 90 degrees would have had and exit wound.
    Pictures are not loading oh bother.

Congrats

Comment

Working...
    X