223 federal fusion 62 grain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

223 federal fusion 62 grain

I hunt mostly with a iron sight Ruger 44 mag revolver and have a personal range limit of 50 yards with it, but I have a couple spots to set where a 200 yard shot is likely. I have a 16" Ar that I'll tote along as well. I'm aware of the limits on deer with a 223 and know I have to place the shot. The gun shoots 1/2" groups with this bullet. I haven't killed anything with this load and wonder how good it actually performs on deer from some people that have actually killed deer with it.

If I was going to use the 223 that would be my choice the federal fusion in a 243 is a awesome round I dropped for deer today where they stood with the fusions in a 243 with the 223’s that would be the round i used

Comment

Awesome! Body or neck shots they fall dead. I would buy some if I could find them. No luck any where.

Comment

Also love the fusion in .243

Comment

I bought a box 3 months ago. Thought I'd lost my mind paying 30.00 for a box of 223. I now I wish I'd bought 4 or 5 boxes. Can't find them anywhere.

Comment

All the animals I shoot with fall down, dead.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

I was finding them pretty regularly up until 6 weeks ago. I bought a handful of boxes for a couple TBHers, but the last 6-7 times I’ve gone they’ve been out.

Comment

Originally posted by muddydog View Post
                I bought a box 3 months ago. Thought I'd lost my mind paying 30.00 for a box of 223. I now I wish I'd bought 4 or 5 boxes. Can't find them anywhere.
                Just an fyi but the 62gr gold dot ammo is the exact same bullet and similar powder load. A lot of people say it’s the exact same load if you can find it.

Comment

My son killed his first buck at 80 yards with it .
                  Perfect vital shot went 30 yards tumped over Dead..
                  I've bought 12 boxes from Carter's Country..
                  But I've got three rifles that like it.. I need twelve more..
                  My SIL Works there so order and delivery is available lol..
                  Last edited by BigOh!; 11-20-2020, 04:31 AM.

Comment

That's my go to pig and culling doe round, love it! Great terminal ballistics.

Comment

no deer, but it works well on hogs

Comment

My kids shoot that exact caliber and bullet. Have had great success with it

Comment

I have not shot it out of a 223, but I love it. I shoot it out of my 270 and 243. Was also using it in a 3030 I had. I love the fusions.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. All the info I've gathered has been very positive results on deer and pigs. It seem like it brings the 223 up to another level as a medium game caliber within reasonable yardage of course.

Comment

I have harvest 3 deer between 130 & 200 with the 223 fusion and my son shot one at 100. They all run about 20-40 yards and pile up if put in vitals!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X