Easton gamegetters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easton gamegetters

Anyone use aluminum shafts anymore I’ve been curious for some time now simply because I can buy a half dozen shafts for 22 dollars off of Lancaster right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Several people do. Generally lighter in weight, use lighter tips.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

You found Game Getters? New? Are they still in production or are those old stock, or used arrows?

I used to use those for years, then XX75s.

Comment

That’s what’s got me interested because I can get 100grn brass inserts for them as well

Comment

Comment

Find out what the postage costs are before you buy. Add that cost with the arrows and they may not be worth it.

Comment

Yes I like using them my friends laugh at me and call em Lincoln log arrows but they seem to kill pretty good when I don’t miss.

Comment

As far as the postage cost go I’m any hour away from any reputable archery shop around that’s one of the main factors for me going trad is I can tweak my bow without having to use a press

Comment

Actually comparable spine size aluminums will be heavier GPI than carbons. Your XX75’s in 500 spine is bout 10.5 grains per inch, and your Easton axis traditional carbons in 500 spine are 8.6 grains per inch. I shoot carbons now, but shot aluminum’s forever, and wouldn’t hesitate to shoot em again. They’re a lot tougher than most people think, especially in the heavier spine/wall thickness sizes. Don’t be concerned abit, they’re good arrows. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

A lot of folks still use aluminum shafts. There is nothing wrong with them, and it’s all personal preference and what works well for each individual. Heck, I’m shooting aluminum right now, but they have car on inside them (Easton FMJ).

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks for the input guys I want to build some high foc arrows for shooting hogs and figured Aluminium would be easier to play with

Comment

Actually, carbon would probably be an easier way to get high FOC. Most carbon shafts are lighter gpi than a comparable spined aluminum shaft, and there are some really light options out there. These make sense in high FOC builds because you have to add weight up front to get a good total arrow weight.

Bisch

Comment

My plan was to buy full length shafts and hot melt in the supplied inserts then use a field point test kit and shoot them to see what point weight works best before I buy broadheads and brass inserts also can’t you use a tubing cutter on aluminum shafts

Comment

Easton gamegetters

Yes, you can use a tubing cutter on aluminum, but if you do, you should also use a shell case deburring tool on the inside and outside after you make the cut.

And if you are going to use hot melt, you should get some of the Quick Stick from Big Jim’s Bow Co. Best glue on the planet for inserts in any shaft, carbon or aluminum!!!!

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 11-02-2020, 10:37 PM.

Comment

X 2 on Big Jims glue. Great stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X