Benbrook Lake 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
    Find a food source, water source or flight path. Put out a mojo or two. Sit in chair in the shade with cooler of cold beverages next to you. Sit back and enjoy, with luck you might even get to knock a few dove down!
    Hahaha sounds like a good time! I do have a new shotgun that wants to be used more than just 3 gun [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had two hogs on my game cam back in 2011. That’s the last time I’ve seen hogs and I used to get drawn every year. 3 year in a row for a swing and a miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I got drawn for October 1-15. It can be 85 degrees or down to freezing.

Comment

Got drawn for hunt #4, Oct 16-31! Missed out last year, glad to get drawn this year.

Comment

I passed on putting in again this year. Was going to put in for the first two weeks of dove only. Up to the first weekend can be phenomenal if you know where to go. They do the same thing every year. They get real smart and fly around the property after that. But I got on a dove season lease this year. Gonna do that instead. The best to all.

Comment

Will be my first time this year, looking forward to it.

Comment

Since the season doesn't open until the 3rd, I'll get in a couple of days dove hunting away from where I intend to deer hunt.

Comment

Got drawn Nov 16-30! Rut time baby! I’ve shot two deer each year I’ve drawn let’s see if I can keep this pattern.

Comment

Last I saw, all the deer died of Covid. No point of y’all all going out.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post

That and cars/trucks.

For those interested: Here's a "rough" map of what all area used to be open for hunting when I started out there in the early '80s. And what's left that still available. There was even a small area in Mustang Park that was open at one time. The black line with hash marks to the east running south is the train tracks. At the very back of Rocky Creek park was another area that ran all the way back to the RR trussel. On the north end of Rocky Creek was another old park section that ran north to the first house on Richardson Point. That was where the private started. Then the ACE picked back up in the now Richardson area as it does today. There was no High-school there. And we were allowed to park behind the ACE office and walk across that land because there was an access gate where the school road dead ends today.

Eventually, all hunting will be done away with out there. There were no houses on the north or east side of the lake back then. And no pump station in the Richardson area.

Click image for larger version

Name:	benbrook4.gif
Views:	1
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	24628396

Comment

Originally posted by xZachTheRipper8 View Post
                        So i got drawn for hunt dates Sept 16 through the 30th! But season doesn't open till october?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
                        I’ve had some good dove hunts and scent early season teal out there. You have to pay attention when you apply to only select dates that are during deer season unless you want to dove hunt. I used to live 15min away so I loved being able to run over before and after work. Didn’t apply this year since i moved, good luck to everyone that got draw

Comment

This tag has become difficult to draw, due to the over crowding of applicants.
                          Used to draw every year, now strike out always.
                          Good hunting is hard to come by, and the more people blab about free hunts, the more crowded places become.
                          Best of luck to all of those new applicants that heard about good hunts online !

Comment

missed out on general deer this year, its okay though because there are only doe and spikes out there this season. i did draw hunt 10 so looks like 2 days of antlerless and then duck killin

Comment

Howdy y'all! I got lucky enough to get drawn for the opening 2 weeks! Hoping that it cools down by then to get them moving a little better.

I scouted last weekend, found lots of heavily used trails and fresh doo-doo piles. I even stumbled across a doe and fawn playing in the creek on my hike back to the truck, pretty cool!

Anyways, I'll see y'all out there Oct 3rd and good luck to everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post

Think I'm going to use this COVID thing to my advantage... My boss is going to get an email that I will either be "working from home" or "quarantined" for my two weeks

Comment

Working...
                                X