• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my, nice. Wild guess 160.

Comment

Man, that is a great buck.

Comment

160.5 ��
        Last edited by Rustled Again; 08-05-2020, 07:22 AM.

Comment

He'll finish out in the high 60s low 70s IMO. Name most certainly fits!

Comment

160-163 is my guess. Awesome buck

Comment

Beautiful antlers. I wish I could say my young bucks won't be hunted but I know dern well they will be. I cannot control it.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsh-Rat View Post
                Very nice buck. Do you have any pics from previous years showing his progression?
                Thanks! I do, will have to go back and find them. I think they are still on the card in my big camera at the ranch. He was a low 150s slick 10 pointer last year as a 4 year old. Low - Mid 130s 10 pt as a 3 year old. He has grown quite a bit each year. hope he does it one or two more times!

Comment

I guess he will finish in high 60’s
                  But not hunted I guess we will never know!
                  Your normally let them go till 6 or 7’s? (.5)

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                    I guess he will finish in high 60’s
                    But not hunted I guess we will never know!
                    Your normally let them go till 6 or 7’s? (.5)
                    Man, it really depends on the deer. We normally like them to get to 7 or even 8 before we take them. Especially if they are deer that frequent the feeding stations. However, there are instances where we will take a big deer at 6. If he REALLY blows up from 5 to 6, usually we will hunt that deer as a 6 year old because in my experience, the chance of him really blowing up two years in a row is pretty rare. Or if he grows some nontypical stuff (Like extra beams or big drops, etc.) that equals a lot of inches as a 6 year old, he might get hunted. Because he may not repeat those nontypical points and if he doesn't it is very hard for a mature deer to make up for those lost nontypical inches in frame size.

Also, some deer are a lot more elusive and wild than others. Some of our mature bucks we see almost every hunt at the same blind. While others, we may only see once or never throughout the course of the entire season. Those deer generally begin being hunted younger than the deer that are feeder pen homebodies.

A little long winded I know but hopefully helps answer your questions to some degree. Long story short, there are a lot of factors that go into to making the decision on when it's time to take a buck. Sometimes we get it right and sometimes we fail miserably, but that's what keeps it exciting!

Comment

Great answer.
                      Totally get it
                      Good luck on seeing him and a great LDP!

BP

Comment

Definitely not in the 60s. He may finish with a flurry and touch it.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                          Definitely not in the 60s. He may finish with a flurry and touch it.
                          I can assure you he will be over 160”. Just not sure if he will hit 70s or not.

Comment

I think he’ll finish low 170s, beautiful deer

Comment

Updated pic. Looks to be finishing well!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Great looking buck. Resembles your Avatar buck. Long Right Brow, and shorter left brow. Love those 2 matching extras.

Comment

Working...
                                X