Alamo Precision rifles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    Not Roberts style but anything is possible. I have been to the previous shop with no intentions to video but everything was running and squared away just as it was in Erik’s video so I never questioned if the visit was a surprise or not.

I wasn’t talking about how the shop was running. Based on the talks I’ve had with Robert I have absolutely zero doubt that the shop runs at peak proficiency at all times. I just meant the fact that Cortina dropped in as a surprise.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
      I wasn’t talking about how the shop was running. Based on the talks I’ve had with Robert I have absolutely zero doubt that the shop runs at peak proficiency at all times. I just meant the fact that Cortina dropped in as a surprise.

Sierracharlie out....
      I agree...Watching the video I felt a little awkward for the staff. I don’t know who Eric is and why he thought he needed to surprise them but either way the response was a class act and really cool to get an inside look of the new operation. They are doing a great job

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
        I agree with those above, great people to deal with who produce great looking and accurate rifles.

I'll share two stories from group builds.

First was a 240 weebee. Robert measured the runout on a new barrel and while within spec he saw something he didn't like. He called and told me he could leave it as is, could cut an inch off the barrel or order a new one which would mean a 3 week delay. I took the new barrel.

Second was a 7rm with constant vertical stringing. After I was satisfied it wasn't me, the scope or ammo I sent it back. He returned it a week later with a new and upgraded barrel.
        Both rifles are .5moa to 600 yards.

My current favorite in the stable is a 30 nosler built on a tenacity action, with a muller barrel ag stock and vx6.

I've consistently shot in the. 3moa range at 300 and .3-.5moa to 600.

Here's something different I did last week as I know it shoots good groups. I fired 1 shot at 200-600 mainly to save time. Plus if it's dial and shoot to kill the 1st shot is all important. I measured each single impact from dead center of the target then averaged the 5 shots. This group came to .306moa over 5 shots spanning 200-600 yards.
        This post right here pretty much sold me on ordering a rifle from them. Just need to finish building the house first.

Comment

So.......we’re obviously not camera people! Haha. Erik did kind of surprise us, which is fine. Glad he stopped by for a visit. He asked if he could shoot a video before he started filming. Immediately Garret and I found ourselves in a Ricky Bobby moment “I don’t know what to do with my hands”. I wish we could have had a chance to think out what we wanted to say, given the opportunity...... but rambling about things on the wall seemed to be the best option at the moment. Haha. Thank you guys for watching it and not making too much fun of us!

Comment

You both did great. I’ve been interviewed for TV before and it ain’t easy.....

I wanna know how to get on the 8 week turnaround list?

Comment

Just don’t let your kids shoot your APR rifle or you will be having to build yourself another one. My son LOVES this 308 they built for me. He dropped this Hill Country 10 point in its tracks.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by colinr View Post
                just don’t let your kids shoot your apr rifle or you will be having to build yourself another one. My son loves this 308 they built for me. He dropped this hill country 10 point in its tracks.
                sweet....

Comment

Texas Dall hate ‘em

Comment

APR is one of the top custom builders in the country. If your APR rifle doesn’t shoot well, it’s typically a reflection on the shooter not the gun. They have built numerous rifles for me and every one has been outstanding.

Btw, probably going to sell my nicest rifle to help pay for surgery: a brand new, unfired 6.5 creedmoor that APR built for me. Tremendous rifle, but I have to go in for hip replacement surgery and my dog also just blew out her ACL (of course no insurance on either of us)��. I will likely post up the rifle in the classifieds soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
                      the good things I have found dealing with APR are, the people. They are always there to answer questions, give straight up, honest opinions and if there IS a problem, They will FIX it NOW. No sending it back to The "manufacturer" only to be told, "there is nothing wrong" and they send your factory gun back.
                      Sure a Ruger American will shoot a 1" group at 100 yards. This is not the goal with a custom rifle. The fit, feel, QUALITY and service is why we buy Custom.
                      They aren't for everybody, they are expensive but you get what you pay for.
                      And comparing Alamo to other custom builders, Alamo is less expensive than all of them.
                      Good post, and what I would have said if I weren’t so lazzzzyyyy.....

Comment

I’d be interested in hearing about your 6.5 creedmoor, looking for one.

Comment

Wild-billwjs,

Its an upgraded version of last years TBH build. McMillan gamehunter stock, 20” 5/8x24 threaded proof carbon fiber barrel, defiance tenacity action, triggertech diamond trigger, HSM gen II DBM in 6.5 creedmoor caliber. Beautiful rifle.��

Comment

If your on the fence about APR just go for it! You wont be disappointed. I have no skin in the game other then wanting people to have a great experience and killer rifles. It makes the hobby that much more enjoyable.

I have 4 rifles from APR, all are from the 2019 TBH special. 2 300 wm's and 2 6.5 prc's. They ALL shoot lights out. If I do my part they are all dang near 1 hole rifles. Latest ex. I took out the 300 wm's to verify 0 before our recent elk hunting trip. Grabbed the 1st one and put 3 shots basically in the same hole. Grabbed the 2nd and put 2 in the same hole with the 3rd touching. Shooting 215 bergers out of both of them. My 6.5 prc's do the same with the 143 eldx and 156 bergers ( dont shoot the 147 eldm's as the jackets wont hold up ) My fiancé shot her bull this year at 850 yards. 2 shots with impacts 1.5 inches apart. These rifles shoot!

Yes there are a ton of great builders/smiths out there. Being fairly heavy into the Hunting and Long range shooting community I have been around many of these top tier builders rifles. I have never once walked away thinking I should have went a different route with these builds. The fit and finish is great and you literally couldnt make them shoot any better. APR's service has been excellent. Through the process and after. I wanted a little work done on a couple of them ( different reamer on the PRC's ) they took care of me free of charge and covered shipping. Not to mention the turn around was like a week. My buddies couldnt believe I got them back so fast! If anyone knows anything about the custom rifle world is most smiths are slow... lead times can be brutal... even from the best in the business. while on the topic of getting them done timely, the actual build time was incredibly fast. And it wasnt because they skimped on QC, attention to detail, workmanship etc. I truly believe they just want to get you shooting asap. I know many who have waited a year plus from other outfits. This is huge for me. Robert goes out of his way to give help where he can on here which is pretty awesome as well. Lastly their prices are beyond fair. They are a "working mans" custom. Just shop around a little and you will realize this quickly. Your not sacrificing quality of components or work either to get a more reasonable price. I know they could charge more for their work as plenty out there are. The fact that they dont means alot. It allows normal folk like myself to not have to take out a 2nd mortgage to own some nice rifles.

I wanted badly to participate in the 2020 build but some things came up and it just wasnt the best time. I have a few other build ideas in the works and I know for a fact that APR will get the first phone call when I decide to pull the trigger.

Comment

Working...
                            X