No announcement yet.

Tawakoni WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I called TWPD and they said that it is public land no draw hunt, that the online info was incorrect.

Comment

Has anyone been out there this year? It is my second season hunting and my first season hunting with a bow, I have only hunted Sam Houston national forest. Im curious to the terrain and vegetation difference, anybody have any tips or advice for Tawakoni WMA?

Comment

Originally posted by carbon View Post
        Has anyone been out there this year? It is my second season hunting and my first season hunting with a bow, I have only hunted Sam Houston national forest. Im curious to the terrain and vegetation difference, anybody have any tips or advice for Tawakoni WMA?
        Look up the Element on YouTube. They did a scouting session there and have some insight on the property.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
          Look up the Element on YouTube. They did a scouting session there and have some insight on the property.
          Thank you.

Comment

Who loves when people takes your stuff. Had 2 cameras out. Finally had a chance to get them and someone stole the sd cards. People s*ck.

Be careful out there. Not everyone follows the hunter orange rule or the bow only rule. At least in the duck cove area.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Last year was my first at Tawakoni, and in my opinion it's pretty underrated. The hunting pressure is there, but its predictable. I've seen plenty of daytime activity throughout the season both years I've hunted it. The terrain can be pretty monotonous so for me the key has been to find the few areas that focus activity, which requires lots of scouting in season and out. It's definitely true that lots of people break the rules out here, but that's not any different on other public areas. I will admit I havent been to some of the other areas mentioned above, though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been planning on hunting out there, but I keep ending up going to places I have already scouted. I am planning on scouting out there early next year for the next season. If I'm hunting public land, I just like to have a a bunch of different options incase people are already at one of my spots. I just feel like this area is pretty small so I will probably only hunt it during the week. But with it being next to meth capital of texas, I have my hesitations going out there.

Comment

Working...
                X