300blk with a suppressor
    350 legend
    both you can find in Ruger American

Comment

6MM Creedmoor

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
        Do you reload?

I don’t - too many irons in the fire as it is.

Comment

Aggiman12, you could get all those rifles. And use that scope on each one. In other words, share that scope with each rifle. Just make sure each rifle has a mil spec picatinny rail for mounting the scope. Use quick release rings on the scope. Make a note of where the rear or forward ring sits. And know how many clicks it takes to get to each rifle's POI. You can share a scope with several rifles that way. Make sure the scope is all the way forward towards the muzzle end, when putting the ring bolt in it's slot. This will help retain the POI when remounting. If it is set toward the back of the slot, the scope could shift under recoil from inertia, causing the POI to be off.

Comment

30-30 best trunk gun a person could have. Most truck guns need to be short, quick and have enough knockdown to get the job done.

Comment

You need a mountain rifle! .260 Rem, 7mm-08 or 257 bob.

Comment

Suppressed 308 Tikka T3 lite stainless action and barrel cut down to 16”........trust me you won’t regret it

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman12 View Post
                  I don’t - too many irons in the fire as it is.
                  Then I wouldn't get to crazy with the wildcat cartridges.
                  Considering what the ammo forecast looks like you might even consider getting a rifle in a caliber you already have ammo for.

Comment

Quit being a wuss. Get you a 375 RUM.

Comment

I'd like to give a general answer to the the question of "what rifle do I need." The correct answer is "any one you don't already have." That's why God gave us so many calibers.

Comment

7mm-08 is hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                          Sounds like to me you need to buy a...7mm
                          Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                          I agree. Ag...I thought you had it covered until you said you kept the 30-06 in the safe. IMO that is the only round/rifle in your arsenal that would ethically and effectively reach out past 400 yards for an elk or other hefty critter. You have no long distance hunting rifle with *** if the 06 stays in the safe.

30-06, 270, 7mm mauser, 7mm mag, 7mm stw, 300 win mag.
                          Listen to these guys

And check out the classifieds for a good truck gun that just happens to be in that caliber

Comment

I bought a Remington 783 Tactical 6.5CM for a truck/buggy gun and absolutely love it. It has a 16 1/2” heavy barrel and is extremely handy for quick shots. I put a $300 Nikon 3-9 scope on it as I didn’t want to worry about banging around nice glass. I’m not sure why they get so much negative press, but I’m very pleased with my 783 Tac. Shoots great for a budget truck gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Check to see what ammo you can obtain before getting one chambered in a new to you round. At least short term.

Comment

Working...
                              X