• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
    Manual or hydraulic jack plate?
    Mines a manual currently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Bobs makes a 12” offset. Dunno why it wouldn’t work with 2 6”. I say go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
        Bobs makes a 12” offset. Dunno why it wouldn’t work with 2 6”. I say go for it!
        Alright alright. Going to start looking for a used unit cheap. I don't like to spend my money! I'll update when i figure it out.

Comment

Think i found a deal on a panther PT 55 unit. Says 55hp up to 250lbs. My evinrude only weighs 200#. Should work.
          Will see if they take my offer.

Comment

Well, reviving this one. Panther PT55 will not work mounted to a jack plate. I found a factory unit I was about to pull the trigger on, but talked myself out of it because the information on swapping it was so inconsistent.

Decided I am going with a CMC PT 130, and will mount to my jack plate and see what happens.

Also ordered trim tabs to help some as well.

If any of you guys come across a deal on a used PT 130 let me know. Been watching Ebay and C list no dice.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
              Mine runs fine. No signs of unusual wear thus far. This is a 175 tracker and 48 HP Johnson.
              Wow is that transom rated for that or you have to do some reinforcing? I had a little skeeter years ago that was not rated for plate, guy I sold it to did it anyways... it went Crack! To the OP I would ask advice on the bass boat central forums.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                Wow is that transom rated for that or you have to do some reinforcing? I had a little skeeter years ago that was not rated for plate, guy I sold it to did it anyways... it went Crack! To the OP I would ask advice on the bass boat central forums.
                My transom is really solid, just rebuilt. If it does seem to have any issues I will have a buddy reinforce it and weld extra supports on.

That is the plan for now.

Comment

Working...
                X