Ram Hams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ram Hams

My daughter harvested a nice Corsican Ram and all the experiences Ihave had with the meat has not been pleasant. Gerald Garrett at Mesquite Bowhunting offered this suggestion:
    Season the Ram Ham with the seasoning of your choice
    Start your pit with a good fire
    Sear the hams over the direct heat and smoke (mesquite, oak, hickory, pecan, or whatever you choose)
    Once you have seared the hams good, wrap tightly in foil and leave on In Direct Heat for 4-6 hours.

This is not only easy, buyt it is Delicious. Cook one today and the meat is super Tender..... Seasoned my with a little Tony's and cooked over oak. Great Eatin'

Good to hear! Somebody at Thompson Temple's place said something about a crock pot and cream of mushroom soup etc...I can't wait to try my next ram. I've just always donated the meat. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

That sounds pretty good. I just made sausage with mine. Gonna have to try this one.

Comment

I make mine in to Goat Burger. My kids eat it as fast as I can grind it.

Comment

I too had either made sausage or donated when I was at Thompson's. Since trying this, I will now cooki it this way. My wife and daughter both said it tasted almost like beef.

Comment

Working...
          X