Dessert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dessert

I'm looking for a cheap and easy campfire dessert idea. Something with brownies or something. I have tried a few times to make brownies over a fire but they came out horrible! lol If someone can help I would be most thankful.

I've never done brownies over the fire but a good cobbler always gets the job done. When we did alot of dutch over cooking, I remember my dad would use a round baking tin and place two pieces of 1/2" EMT underneath it as to raise the pan off of the bottom of the dutch oven. This always cooked things more evenly and helped prevent burn. You may try this with your standard brownie recipe.

Comment

If you try the dutch oven cobbler, don't use too much bottom heat. Just brown the bottom, take it off and use top heat for the remainder of the cooking.

Comment

i have tried lifting the pan up from the fire as to not burn it, but then it burns the bottom while the top is still raw batter. and if i lower it down even just an inch or 2 it burns the bottom more and the top is pretty moist. how would i get more top heat then bottom heat if the fire is under the pan?

Comment

Originally posted by Allan315 View Post
          i have tried lifting the pan up from the fire as to not burn it, but then it burns the bottom while the top is still raw batter. and if i lower it down even just an inch or 2 it burns the bottom more and the top is pretty moist. how would i get more top heat then bottom heat if the fire is under the pan?

Put hot coals on top of the lid.

- CF

Comment

Working...
          X