Mig welder probelm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mig welder probelm

I was given a snap on YA212A mig machine a while back. It was in pretty rough shape so i tore it all the way down and repainted it. Put it back together and it was working good. Only problem i would have was that the switch in the gun seemed to stop working sometimes. When trigger was pulled, nothing would happen. No gas and no wire feed. Then in a few secs it would start working again. I havent used it in a few months and decided to play with it some since i bought some new tips. It is not acting right now. Its is like the arc is pulsing when welding. Ive played with heat and wire feed rate and it does not seem to change. Wire is feeding nice and smooth out of gun. Any ideas? Could it be the switch in the gun? I have done almost no mig welding with gas but seems like when it was working right i was a very green flame when welding. I am not seeing that now. Using 100% argon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The guns can go bad

Probably take it to one of the local welding supply shops and have them check it out

Comment

Have you changed the liner in the gun latey? Sounds like the wire is dragging in the liner or the tip.

Comment

I figured it out. The contact tips i bought are about 1/4 inch shorter. I would not uave thought it would make a difference. Rookie mistake. Now i know.

Comment

I always used 75% argon for mild steel.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
            I figured it out. The contact tips i bought are about 1/4 inch shorter. I would not uave thought it would make a difference. Rookie mistake. Now i know.

Glad you figured it out

Comment

Originally posted by 9toes View Post
              I always used 75% argon for mild steel.
              What he said I have done lots and lots and lots of mig welding on mild steel and have always used 75/25

Comment

Originally posted by ferrellv View Post
                What he said I have done lots and lots and lots of mig welding on mild steel and have always used 75/25
                Here is the deal. I have 3 bottles of argon and zero bottles of air.

Comment

Working...
                X