Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 02-23-2021, 07:39 AM   #1
Bro. Bill
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill country
Arrow Turn on the Light

Turn on the Light
Xochitl Dixon
Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16

As my husband and I prepared for a cross-country move, I wanted to ensure that we kept in touch with our grown sons. I found a unique gift, friendship lamps connected by wireless internet, which can be turned on remotely. When I gave the lamps to my sons, I explained that their lamps will turn on when I touch my lamp—to provide a shining reminder of my love and ongoing prayers. No matter how great the distance between us, a tap on their lamps would trigger a light in our home too. Though we knew nothing could replace our more personal moments of connection, we could be encouraged by knowing we’re loved and prayed for every time we turned on those lights.
All God’s children have the privilege of being light-sharers powered by the Holy Spirit. We’re designed to live as radiant beacons of God’s everlasting hope and unconditional love. When we’re sharing the gospel and serving others in the name of Jesus, we become brilliant spotlights and living testimonies. Every good deed, kind smile, gentle word of encouragement, and heartfelt prayer produces a beaming reminder of God’s faithfulness and His unconditional and life-transforming love (Matthew 5:14–16).
Wherever God leads us, and however we serve Him, we can be used by Him to help others shine His light. As God, by His Spirit, provides the true illumination, we can reflect the light and love of His presence.
How can you be a light for Christ, intentionally expressing His love to those in your sphere of influence this week? How can you shine a light on God’s love as you serve people who don’t know Him?
Loving Father, please fuel me with Your perfect truth and love so I can shine a spotlight on You by loving You and others wherever I go.
Our Daily Bread
Bro. Bill is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2021, 08:00 AM   #2
meltingfeather
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Gillespie, San Saba & Kerr primarily

Amen! Thanks Bill.
meltingfeather is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-23-2021, 08:02 AM   #3
EarleyBird
Ten Point

Hunt In: Home