Need lots of prayers and any help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need lots of prayers and any help.

As hard as it is for me to write this, my wife has talked me into letting go of my pride. As many of you know, my wife has been attacked by lupus pretty badly. It has now affected her heart. She has been told she has two valves that are allowing blood to flow back into her heart. While all this is going on we found out that we may be having to pay $3400 to the irs from last year's taxes because of the guy that filed them for us last year fat fingered one of the numbers. We have been swamped with medical bills that can't be paid because the money we have goes to keeping a roof over our heads and keeping the lights on. Our neighbors have been pitching in with groceries so that is a huge blessing. As I mentioned earlier this is so hard for me to ask but if you can help in any way I would greatly appreciate it. My hours have been cut due to covid causing us to bring in $1000 less a paycheck which has put us in the hole in our account for the past 8 months and we haven't been able to recover. Thank you for all of your prayers and God Bless.

Just spoke with H&R Block and they said we are held responsible for the 3400 to be paid back to the IRS even though it was their employees fault.

Comment

If the mods approve, perhaps a givesendgo account. I'd be willing to help

God bless

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
        Just spoke with H&R Block and they said we are held responsible for the 3400 to be paid back to the IRS even though it was their employees fault.

The IRS is extremely easy to work with setting up payment plans. You tell them what you can afford (as small as it may be) and they will work with you until you can get back to your normal hours... All it takes is a phone call.

Last edited by Smart; 02-21-2021, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          The IRS is extremely easy to work with setting up payment plans. You tell them what you can afford (as small as it may be) and they will work with you. All it takes is a phone call.
          Thank you for this advice. This is the first time I have had to deal with this and and I am very nervous. All of our money goes to keeping a roof over our heads and the lights and water on and we still end up in the hole. I just can't seem to get above water. I can't see a light at the end of this tunnel.

Comment

Prayer sent.

Comment

Tell H&R Block to pound sand! Get a real tax person. File an extension for this year and let them figure it out.

Prayers for your wife.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Tell H&R Block to pound sand! Get a real tax person. File an extension for this year and let them figure it out.

Prayers for your wife.
                We have already filed for this year. That is how they found the mistake from last year. I will not be using them again.

Comment

I second the calling of the IRS , my CPA made a mistake when I sold my business . I called them and let them know it was being reworked and had no issues. I know someone that they locked all of his accounts and garnished his pay because he did not call and told them to pound sand.

Comment

Prayers for you and your wife! Keep the Faith in the LORD!!!

Comment

I will definitely call them tomorrow and see what they can do. We just can't seem to climb out of this hole we have been in.

Comment

Prayers up.

Comment

Agree with calling IRS to set up a payment plan, been there.

You can also do that with medical bills.

Prayer sent.

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Thank all you gentlemen for all of the advice so far. I am very grateful for the advice and prayers.

Comment

Working...
                              X