Adopting a puppy....UPDATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adopting a puppy....UPDATE

I posted a couple weeks ago about being turned down on potentially adopting a puppy because we missed vaccines last year. We got our current dogs back up to date but the puppy I really wanted was "unavailable".

I was flipping through Petfinder a week ago and he was back up for adoption. I sent an email to the manager at the rescue asking to be considered again. Once she verified with our vet that it was truly just the one year and they were back up to date, she agreed to meet/greet with Ringo.

Meet/greet went fantastic Saturday and we're on our way to fully adopting him. We can't make it official until he's neutered in a couple weeks but everything looks great.

He's smart as heck, taken to everyone in the family and the dogs are all getting along pretty well and playing some. I really think he's going to be one bad arse dog.
    Attached Files

Cheers mate

Comment

Good looking pup

Comment

More dogs than could ever be adopted are sitting in shelters in every city and these places want all kinds of proof you're an upstanding citizen before they will give you a dog...

Glad you finally got to bring the pup home.

Comment

Good looking pup. Hope it all works out.

Comment

congrats on yer pup and yer patience.

I absolutely hate the attitudes of those adoption/rescue places.

Comment

Congratulations on finally adding that little guy to your family. He’s a good looking pup for sure. Also, good for you to keep after him like that, it was meant to be.

Comment

Cute dog. Good luck with him enjoy.

Comment

Congrats! Great lookin pup!

Comment

Awesome!! It great to adopt animals. I have to stay away from the shelters. My wife & I actually have talked about opening a rescue shelter.

Talking about being turned down, we was turned down last Friday due to the fact we have 2 houses!! One was in a different county & your not supposed to take the animal out of Montgomery county. [emoji849][emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was really down when we were initially rejected but I was driving to grab lunch one day when God told me not to give up and fight. As soon as I saw him back up, I knew I had to try.

I agree most of these shelters are complete BS. I hate that it’s become a freaking ordeal for good people to adopt animals.

Comment

Originally posted by Black-N-Red View Post
                        Awesome!! It great to adopt animals. I have to stay away from the shelters. My wife & I actually have talked about opening a rescue shelter.

Talking about being turned down, we was turned down last Friday due to the fact we have 2 houses!! One was in a different county & your not supposed to take the animal out of Montgomery county. [emoji849][emoji849]

You were adopting it? Like to keep for your own and not fostering? How would they know if you left the county?

Comment

Well congratulations! I hope he's everything you hope for!

Comment

Originally posted by Trkhunter View Post
                            You were adopting it? Like to keep for your own and not fostering? How would they know if you left the county?

Well it was gonna be foster for a week till it was passed their predetermined age for a spay. They said that when people take the animal to another county they very seldom come back. What irritates me about that is that I can’t count the money I’ve spent just this year on my pets. My last dog I adopted from there I payed out of pocket for the spay. I believe in taking care of your pets. We treat ours like our kids. The funny thing is I always said that I’d never spend any money on a pet. MAN HAVE ATE MY WORDS!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X